• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh I don't want to be a bunny vet any more!

To be honest we need more good honest vets out there so hang onto your passion. I can't remember the number of times we have had rabbits come in with problems that are to do with their weight and vets have either been too polite or ignorant to mention this as a problem - I think if there were more honest vets about, ones that were more worried about the care of the animals than offending people there would be much fewer basic problems with animal care.

You're a good person and will be able to make a change when qualified. Keep your chin up (hugs) xx

Ditto.

You can do this because you want to help with all of your heart. It is called passion.

Painful at times but, you can help make a difference.

Wish I had more brain cells. :lol::lol: Would have loved to be a vet!

This is why I could never be one, I'd be crying all the time and bringing something home every day because I felt sorry for it :(:(

Smile sweetly, point out how they could have done things better and how the rabbit would have been compromised and try and be sympathetic. Remind yourself that most people aren't actively nasty, just poorly motivated or badly advised. Then do exactly what you did and let it out later on. Quite often I come home and rant at my (very tolerant) hubby - if he knows it's been a particularly rough day then he usually has a glass of wine waiting for me too!

It must be really hard for you because you know that the bunny is going home with them and will probably be ignored again, at least when we do a rescue we are taking the bunny to a better place and it's suffering is over

Stay strong, we need good rabbit vets

To be honest we need more good honest vets out there so hang onto your passion. I can't remember the number of times we have had rabbits come in with problems that are to do with their weight and vets have either been too polite or ignorant to mention this as a problem - I think if there were more honest vets about, ones that were more worried about the care of the animals than offending people there would be much fewer basic problems with animal care.

I agree. You go to the doctor expecting them to tell you how it is when you are not treating your body right so why not expect the same from your vets about your pets?

They ARE so neglected. It amazes me how places like Pets At Home have made a conscious decision to sell rabbits and not kittens and puppies yet rabbits need just as much care and attention, not to mention stimulation. A rabbit spay is very often more than a cat spay but people are sadly so, so oblivious to the needs of bunnies. Good luck. I could never be a vet but I sympathize with you so much. We need more vets that genuinely care for animals.

Back