• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oddist thing your buns have eaten?

Naughty raisin! :lol: Joejoe is also not a fussy eater and has eaten through various cables, a huge chunk of carpet behind the christmas tree (we now have laminate floor..) my Primani handbag, my boots and the wicker wastepaper bin to name but a few, he's currently enjoying the rubber trim round the edge of the doormat in the kitchen. He also ate the bristles off a dustpan brush a few months ago, 3 general anaethetics, an abscess and £1800+ later he's fine, the little monkey :roll:

Well my five-o consumed an entire tube of Fucithalmic eye drops ... and I do mean the ENTIRE tube!

I'd left the tube in the food bowl, outside the bunny room door, like I had done every day so that I could quickly do Ant's drops when feeding them before going to work. OH got up before me on the first day of my holiday and took the bowl into them.

A few hours later we found a VERY chewed cap ... and no sign of the rest of the tube :shock: Panicked phone calls to the vet who called the poisons team ... only to discover that no rabbit had ever been reported as having eaten a tube of Fucithalmic before!

Thankfully I'm pleased to report that there was no apparent side effects or lasting damage on the buns .....!

Well my five-o consumed an entire tube of Fucithalmic eye drops ... and I do mean the ENTIRE tube!

I'd left the tube in the food bowl, outside the bunny room door, like I had done every day so that I could quickly do Ant's drops when feeding them before going to work. OH got up before me on the first day of my holiday and took the bowl into them.

A few hours later we found a VERY chewed cap ... and no sign of the rest of the tube :shock: Panicked phone calls to the vet who called the poisons team ... only to discover that no rabbit had ever been reported as having eaten a tube of Fucithalmic before!

Thankfully I'm pleased to report that there was no apparent side effects or lasting damage on the buns .....!

:shock::shock:

Wasn't it your bunnies that also consumed a whole bottle of Metacam a few months back?

They obviously have a taste for medication :lol:

Jess ate nag champa incence sticks- that was very scary. Luckily the vet wasn't too concerned and I just had to keep an eye on her.

Abbey eats anything, and nunzeo only eats what I'meating, usually me and him share a bowl of salad in the run.

About 9 years ago I had a dog and a rabbit :love: they both slept on my bed at times and the rabbit made the dogs life a misery :lol: ( not really they were good friends )
The dog had a form of vegetarian food and they both ate it.......From the same bowl :lol: I have a picture somewhere I'll try to put it on :)

About 9 years ago I had a dog and a rabbit :love: they both slept on my bed at times and the rabbit made the dogs life a misery :lol: ( not really they were good friends )
The dog had a form of vegetarian food and they both ate it.......From the same bowl :lol: I have a picture somewhere I'll try to put it on :)

Thats just reminded me that Elwood will eat tinned cat food, not just the biscuits. Another reason there is now lots of baby gates :lol:

When my son was 3 he ate Feegals Abx and Metacam:shock:

He snuck into the kitchen one afternoon and gobbled the lot.

Does that count?

(Needless to say ambulance was called, and he was fine. The paramedics let him look in the ambulance. They were :love: All meds are kept up high now, I learnt my lesson fast, all vet meds are in child prof bottles too now:))

Belle likes to eat my right index finger. No other fingers on either of my hands. Just my right index finger. She's a very special Bunny. Rather dopey. :roll:

Back