• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oatigrass

Ooohhh this looks exciting!!! What's the difference between oat readigrass and readigrass?? The normal readigrass made Olivers sludge worse I thought.

Nicky :wave:

I think readigrass is slightly higher in calcium than oatigrass. But to be honest I doubt there's much in it.

Thinking of you .. And how is Oliver too? xx

Oh I see, might give it a try Joey. The rosewood hay bales he loves but the recent batch are dusty and horrible he wont eat them. I contacted them and they r sending out a replacement box . He does have 5 other loose hays to choose from scattered in different places around the house ! He is just finishing a bad moult and I think he is a bit brighter this past couple of days and we have been giving him extra attention so he isn't too bad. We got a couple of binkies the other day . I feel a bit better about him being on his own for a while. He is a bit more nervous though and won't stay outside for long on his own. Think another bun gave him confidence. The sanctuary got back to me and said they have no senior buns but would keep an eye out for me for the future. Thank u for asking after Oliver. How is little Mouse doing?? She any more adventurous lately? ? I know u worry about her.

Oh I see, might give it a try Joey. The rosewood hay bales he loves but the recent batch are dusty and horrible he wont eat them. I contacted them and they r sending out a replacement box . He does have 5 other loose hays to choose from scattered in different places around the house ! He is just finishing a bad moult and I think he is a bit brighter this past couple of days and we have been giving him extra attention so he isn't too bad. We got a couple of binkies the other day . I feel a bit better about him being on his own for a while. He is a bit more nervous though and won't stay outside for long on his own. Think another bun gave him confidence. The sanctuary got back to me and said they have no senior buns but would keep an eye out for me for the future. Thank u for asking after Oliver. How is little Mouse doing?? She any more adventurous lately? ? I know u worry about her.

I'm glad Oliver is doing well - binkies has to be a good sign. You certainly spoil that boy with a variety of hay. I can pop a wee sample of oatigrass in the post if you want to check out if he'll accept it. Mouse is still nervy (I blame Boo the rotter) but she does move fairly easily from the lounge to dining room these days which is progress. We are moving in a couple of months so hoping she will cope ok with that

Hi Max , thanks for keeping us in ur thoughts x ok so not much in it, won't risk it for Oliver then just incase. Thanks.

Aw that's a nice offer, very kind - but as Max said won't risk it just in case. Just saw ur soap and lip balms the other day, will be ordering shortly, they r so cool with the bunny pics on them. Aw Boo stop being a rotter ! Glad Mouse has 2 rooms to choose from now, I know that's a big thing.

Hi Max , thanks for keeping us in ur thoughts x ok so not much in it, won't risk it for Oliver then just incase. Thanks.

Aw that's a nice offer, very kind - but as Max said won't risk it just in case. Just saw ur soap and lip balms the other day, will be ordering shortly, they r so cool with the bunny pics on them. Aw Boo stop being a rotter ! Glad Mouse has 2 rooms to choose from now, I know that's a big thing.

thank you your kind words :) This is the analysis of oatigrass but I can't find any for hay to compare :?Crude Protein 11%, Total Oils 2% , Crude Fibre 28%, Calcium 0.41%, Phosphorus 0.26%

thank you your kind words :) This is the analysis of oatigrass but I can't find any for hay to compare :?Crude Protein 11%, Total Oils 2% , Crude Fibre 28%, Calcium 0.41%, Phosphorus 0.26%

It's less protein than readigrass, and slightly less calcium.

Depending on the type, hay is very slightly lower than both in calcium. That said, I have free fed readigrass for years - decades, and never had any issue with it. In addition, the protein content is not significantly higher than for hay.

To be honest, I would accept a little sample from J&B, especially if you're going to order some of her lovely stuff :D

Love that stuff! My two are thoroughly loving the new Timothy hay version from The Hay Experts.

Back