• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Not Rabbits But Piggies!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you will know we undertook a huge rescue of guinea pigs a few months back. We have been homing quite well but still have 62 pigs with us! :shock:

So here are a few who need new homes. Please consider them as we have sadly been turning many pigs away that need rescue spaces

Firstly Eagle and Tracker..young boars both neutered THESE TWO ARE NOW RESERVED :D

Pair of 18 month old sows
Lilliput and Narnia

Mum Vista and her young daughter Venture

Singer is looking for a home with another pig or pigs. Beautiful young girl

Single neutered boar..youngster. Rebel

and another mum Gale and her daughter Glide..a bit hard to see on the fabric! they are very pretty pigs!

Sport and Stingray..again young boars both neutered

All being fostered in Leicester except Lilliput and Narnia who are in Rugby, but we rehome nationally for the right placement :)

Last edited:
Oh, I really would love to! Just can't manage more pets at the moment.

I hope they find forever homes soon.

Gale and Glide ... Hope they find homes really quickly. They are just lovely.

bumping up as need to see some of these little ones homed
We are having to turn away so many animals due to lack of space :(

Hi Jill, sadly we are looking to rehome either a neutered boar or a sow as a companion for our 4/5 year old Swiss sow, Salene as our other guineapig has passed away.
We would be happy to have an older or red eyed guinea pig and do like those with long hair. We are happy to travel to you and I've facebooked you with info regarding our set up etc...

Jill, do you have a young boar that I could pair with my lone pig Spot? I'd be worried about getting him neutered at his age. What do you think?

Jill, do you have a young boar that I could pair with my lone pig Spot? I'd be worried about getting him neutered at his age. What do you think?

We don't home very young boars as neuter them all first so you won't get a baby, but we may have one that has lived with boars before

Hi Jill, sadly we are looking to rehome either a neutered boar or a sow as a companion for our 4/5 year old Swiss sow, Salene as our other guineapig has passed away.
We would be happy to have an older or red eyed guinea pig and do like those with long hair. We are happy to travel to you and I've facebooked you with info regarding our set up etc...

sorry you lost your pig
We don't have any older ones and most are semi long haired?

We don't home very young boars as neuter them all first so you won't get a baby, but we may have one that has lived with boars before

Oh doesn't have to be a baby! I have just found in the past that younger boars are easier to pair with other boars. Could be coincidence. If you do have one that's lived with a boar before though, that would be super. Spot seems OK - still eating, pottering about etc - but I don't like leaving them on their own.

Hi, What is the process for rehoming a piggie? Thank you x
We don't home pigs to live alone or with rabbits..so you need to already have a pig/s or adopt a pair...or 6 :D
We need your details, adress contact number and whihc vet you use and we like to have a homecheck if possible. If not we need photos of the cage/hutch you have and if you have adopted from any other rescue we know we ask them for a ref :)

I messaged a while back on facebook about piggies was just as you were rescuing them. But is love to rehome some. I had sent pics of their hutch but can resend on fb as it was a while ago
:) my names rhiannon if.you still have the messages :) only problem was im quite far away.

Have been approved for adoption, am waiting for the piggies foster mum to get in contact so we can visit and pick a piggy. Really excited :D

Have been approved for adoption, am waiting for the piggies foster mum to get in contact so we can visit and pick a piggy. Really excited :D

How wonderful for you. I am in love with Gale and Glide but they are MILES away! Oh well.

Back