• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not 'Perfect'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Angie gets advice and has a vet nurse who helps..she also never hesitates to take them to the vet
I *think* what she is saying is she seems to lose a bun no matter what she does

and now Angie you can have a go at me for answering for you!:lol:

I got what she was saying Jill. I just thought it was more the nursing side of things and that's why I asked if she had friends who could help. I know Angie doesn't hesitate with vets etc.

I agree with others that people need not to worry too much over posts on any internet forum..if you know you are doing all you can for your pets then why worry over something someone you'll never meet types from the safety of their pc :D

if however you ask for opinions..or are chatting about something that is widely believed to be putting pets at risk and/or having a really negative effect on their lives, then don't be surprised when people on an animal-loving forum express their views against your ideas/behaviours

I agree with others that people need not to worry too much over posts on any internet forum..if you know you are doing all you can for your pets then why worry over something someone you'll never meet types from the safety of their pc :D

if however you ask for opinions..or are chatting about something that is widely believed to be putting pets at risk and/or having a really negative effect on their lives, then don't be surprised when people on an animal-loving forum express their views against your ideas/behaviours

This.

Also, when people are honest with their opinions, don't start bleating because it's not what you wanted to hear.

I got what she was saying Jill. I just thought it was more the nursing side of things and that's why I asked if she had friends who could help. I know Angie doesn't hesitate with vets etc.

It's more the options available for treating - there's people nebulising myxi buns - I found alistair and spice when they were literally gasping - I never seem to get to the harder treatments. I don't know if my buns go downhill faster- or if I'm missing something, if that makes sense?

And that's a perfect example of the type of patronising wording that puts peoples backs up

:lol: you have to appreciate the irony of that statement, I don't think it was a comment trying to be patronising or put anyones back up, I read it as saying that if you give critique you have to be prepared at times to accept it, I guess it's human nature to take praise easier than criticism. I do agree that you have to take the rough with the smooth on the forum, more often than not advice is well intentioned regardless of the words used to give it, language is geographic & tone is really hard to convey sometimes particularly in a hurry.

It wasn't what was implied by the words...it's the choice of words I was commenting on.

to say someone's 'bleating' is, in my eyes, making that person feel silly, and not the way I personally would address myself to anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back