• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

none chewable alternatives to lino

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Are there any please? :wave:

Just been out to feed Paddy and peaches and they've chewed a hole in the middle of the playhouse floor :evil: its about 6x3 inches too, but luckily I've been able to cover it with the litter tray (whilst still covering the other hole they chewed a while ago)

Help!

What about a cheap laminate? Not sure if it would warp in the damp weather...but maybe one suitable for bathrooms would be okay?

How on earth did they manage that? Was it pulled flat and tight, or was there a nick in it that they just managed to make bigger into a proper hole? :shock:

The edges are all protected as I stuck the lino to the floor and then attached the sides and roof of the playhouse

It was pulled flat but they're still managed to eat it :?

Little pain in the bums!

Tiles is the only thing I can think of they wouldn't really get through (and that's easy to clean)

Tiles is the only thing I can think of they wouldn't really get through (and that's easy to clean)

That's the only idea I can think of too, except they're a pain because the floor for laying them usually isn't flat (leading to edges poking up a bit which can be used to rip them up) and the wee goes under the tiles and makes them loose.

What about laminate tiles and then a good few coats of bunnysafe varnish on top, to protect against wee going in the tiles? My buns were litter trained but the tiniest bit of moisture on their paws from going outside, or the odd drip from their water bottle can make the tiles come up.

Or, what about a large piece of plywood that's covered in waterproof shed stain, painted a few times. You can slot that in and if in 6 months it gets ruined you can replace it. The few coats of stain protect it against any wees and you can put skirting board or something around the edges if necessary, although if it's a tight fit they shouldn't be able to rip it up or chew it anywho?

Hi just wondered what you used to stick the lino to the floor. My lino is on concrete and needs a metalstrip on it to stop mine chewing away..but not sure whats ok to use with bunnies

Back