• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New friends for Tethra

I sometimes try taking the dominant rabbit out for a while to let the others sort out their own hierarchy. Alternately you can try putting the dominant one and Tethra together without the others to see if they can bond first. Good luck, it’s not easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sometimes try taking the dominant rabbit out for a while to let the others sort out their own hierarchy. Alternately you can try putting the dominant one and Tethra together without the others to see if they can bond first. Good luck, it’s not easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, yes we were discussing the pros and cons of this yesterday.

Calm before another storm at the moment I think. We're all having breakfast :) Rabbits remained split up yesterday. Further action of some sort today.

Tethra says 'As I am a Rex, you do realise that I require double portions for Brekki if I am to be match fit for bonding'................. !

Tethra says 'As I am a Rex, you do realise that I require double portions for Brekki if I am to be match fit for bonding'................. !

He's had them :) Followed by a series of massive binkying up the long run. I don't think I've ever seen such a display of happiness from him, which makes all of this so very difficult :(

Wishing you & the bunnies well in your next course of action. I remember when Joey escaped their bonding area, shortly after joined by Boo they binkied like crazy round the dining room table for what seemed ages - they've never binkied anythin like that before or since. I'd been wondering about Jemimas suggestion too

Wishing you & the bunnies well in your next course of action. I remember when Joey escaped their bonding area, shortly after joined by Boo they binkied like crazy round the dining room table for what seemed ages - they've never binkied anythin like that before or since. I'd been wondering about Jemimas suggestion too

Thanks. I think my biggest problem is being able to trust him if they all eventually do appear to bond :( He lunges at me if I go near him! I feel my biggest responsibility is to Tethra and I'm worried I'd come home one day to find him badly injured :(

Thanks. I think my biggest problem is being able to trust him if they all eventually do appear to bond :( He lunges at me if I go near him! I feel my biggest responsibility is to Tethra and I'm worried I'd come home one day to find him badly injured :(

I am wondering if Jemima's suggestion of trying to introduce just Tethra and Mr Dominant Dutchy first might be worth a try. Then maybe introduce the rest of the Dutches one by one in order of their apparent hierarchy in their established quad :?

Just thinking that this may be less 'full on' for Tethra :?

Well I've just chatted to the lady at the rescue and arranged to return the quad :(

I'm feeling very sad about it, but taking Tethra's best interests into consideration, I'm not willing to attempt to force them to bond, as I think this could lead to an unstable bond in the future with a possible more tragic outcome.

Tethra is happy enough by himself for the moment and we will continue to consider alternative options.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and support during this time.

Well I've just chatted to the lady at the rescue and arranged to return the quad :(

I'm feeling very sad about it, but taking Tethra's best interests into consideration, I'm not willing to attempt to force them to bond, as I think this could lead to an unstable bond in the future with a possible more tragic outcome.

Tethra is happy enough by himself for the moment and we will continue to consider alternative options.

You know that I 100% support your decision. A decision made after much consideration. You and Mr Omi are the only ones in a position to judge what is best for the Rabbits in your care. Sending you some hugs as I also know how difficult this has been for you xx

I'm sorry it didn't work out how you had hoped but wishing lots of luck in the future for Tethra & you xx

I'm really sorry it hasn't worked out [emoji17] It must have been a very difficult decision to make but I agree that it sounds like the best one for all the buns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:( I'm sorry it didn't happen. I can totally appreciate why you had to make such a difficult decision & I think its important to go with your instincts. I'm not sure I could have perservered if my boy got injured either

Back