• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New accomodation Questions...

You can put all the insulation in the world into your shed but I can guarantee that on the coldest night, your buns will be sat outside!!!! Unless it's tipping down with rain, mine can always be found outside, even if it's -10 degrees. They have the option of going into the warm, dry shed but they choose to be out so I don't worry about them too much. They've all got nice warm, straw-filled carboard boxes and wooden boxes in the shed, as well as a carpeted floor. If we had prolonged freezing weather, I'd give them their snugglesafe's just before bedtime.

my husband is buying me a wee heater for the shed that the buunies are in and we're gonna put it on a timer. hope you get something sorted for them.

How expensive would it be to run 2 tubular heaters just in winter (will be having 2 of the set ups mentioned above) and how much does it cost to get electricity outside?

sorry for all the questions!!

tube heaters cost the same to run as a 60watt light bulb! but you do need the get the electricity to the shed so prices will vary you will need to check that out with local electrician x

Back