• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nest Building!!!! Update Post 34

Should I keep them both together? The two girls I mean?

Ideally it'd be better to separate them, but you'd need to be certain who's nest was who's. I have had two bonded Does Kindle together (dont ask........ :roll:) but they were living in a large indoor enclosure not a hutch. So they divided themselves off from each other. My concern would be that if confined to a hutch the two Does may fight after they have kindled :?

ohh no what a nightmare for you....

Havent got any advice but didnt want to read and run..

Good Luck xx

thank you :( are there any other signs? they are both hopping around quite happily. Should I pick them up and have a look or is that a terrible idea??

uh oh :?

Don't panic too much, there are people on here who have experience of taking on pregnant rescues who'll be able to help you through this if they are pregnant, fingers crossed they're just phantoms.
If they have been bred from in the past perhaps they're used to having to nest after seeing a buck? So being with a neutered male has confused them?

uh oh :?

Don't panic too much, there are people on here who have experience of taking on pregnant rescues who'll be able to help you through this if they are pregnant, fingers crossed they're just phantoms.
If they have been bred from in the past perhaps they're used to having to nest after seeing a buck? So being with a neutered male has confused them?

I hope you're right. I've taken some nice deep breaths, they are hopping around and don't look ready to pop (like I know what a pregnant rabbit looks like :roll:)... how long would it be between them making the nest and having the babies?

I want to go to bed but I don't want to leave them, I'm running out to check them every few minutes :cry: think its going to be an all-nighter for me :lol:

You dont even know if they are pregnant - though it does sound like they are. i think its probably best to leave them alone and not to touch them etc.

Could get tricky if both a pregnant though :shock:

hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.

You dont even know if they are pregnant - though it does sound like they are. i think its probably best to leave them alone and not to touch them etc.

Could get tricky if both a pregnant though :shock:

hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.

Yeah, you are right, could still be a phantom. They still seem bright and are hopping around, don't know what rabbits do before they go into labour.

I'm not touching them don't worry. Just staring at them. Telling them they daren't be pregnant.

Thanks hun :) xx

Ok, the good news is, no babies. The bad news is, they must have carried on building all night as the nest is even bigger, and they still haven't eaten. :( Daphne's stomach in particular feels hard but I don't know if I'm just being paranoid.

Isla has been winding me up with phantom pregnancies for weeks, with nests getting bigger and bigger. She has been doing this for three weeks now.

Isla has been winding me up with phantom pregnancies for weeks, with nests getting bigger and bigger. She has been doing this for three weeks now.

I hope they are doing the same! They are getting spayed tomorrow, that'll stop them in their tracks!! They are normally in with Harvey but I took him out last night, and he is normally the pellet-wolfer, so I might be worrying for nothing over the lack of eating. He was probably just eating a 3-bun portion.

I don't know what to do. I think maybe I've had a mistake in keeping them. Maybe I should rehome them when they are spayed. Just been watching Zero with his caecotrophs and thinking, if anything goes wrong right now I'm home alone and there is no way I could get to the vets at all today. It would break my heart :cry: but I have to think about what's right for them, not me.

However, I have bonded them with Harvey :( so it might affect him badly. I'll have a car soon and then I would be able to take them to the vets, but right now I am powerless.

ETA: I took the girls in with the intention of rehoming them, they weren't like an impulse buy or anything, they were in desperate need of help, but I fell in love with them. I don't want to let my heart rule my head though.

oh dear - dont make any quick decisions regarding the girls - if they are not spayed and hormonal they will fight with Harvey..

Is it an emergency spay? - so to abort the babies if there are any?? Not sure if thats how it works though..

Take Care - must be a very worrying time for you xx

I had the spay booked before they started nest-building, I guess if they're nest building they're too far gone for an emergency spay. Obviously I'm going to explain all this to the vet tomorrow before I leave them x

I had the spay booked before they started nest-building, I guess if they're nest building they're too far gone for an emergency spay. Obviously I'm going to explain all this to the vet tomorrow before I leave them x

:wave: Thanks for the distractions today. Really helped:)

With your two girls I would absolutely call the vet first, before leaving. They may not do an emergency spay too late on.

I wonder if they could scan them to see:?

Good luck either way tomorrow:)

ETA that hardly make sense, I am so tired sorry:oops: Night night

:wave: Thanks for the distractions today. Really helped:)

With your two girls I would absolutely call the vet first, before leaving. They may not do an emergency spay too late on.

I wonder if they could scan them to see:?

Good luck either way tomorrow:)

I've heard they can do palpitations to see if they are pregnant? I wonder whether I should rebook their spay for another day, bit short notice now though....

You're welcome chick :wave: :)

Back