• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous but excited!U/D page 5 home now :D

Picking them up at 5 today :D am so excited!!!!

I am just so thrilled with the results so far, i never thought it possible!

Have increased their space a bit and all ok :) Timmy is currently all stretched out dozing and she's all snuggled up muttering away to herself (cos she's dozing). They're looking forward to seeing you soon x

Brilliant news. Now for the piccies, yes?:)

Of course! Will let them settle in a bit again!

Got to do some lesson planning now as have been distracted all weekend by cleaning their room out and putting together everything. Oh well, bunnies are more important :lol:

Really can't believe how much Timmy has calmed down, he just wants to lie by her now :D

:D yaaay im so glad it has worked out for you..

abi - what do you do in that first few 'difficult' hour - do you just keep seperating? with gloves on :shock: or removing one and putting back in - i need some tips? as i have a feeling my female is going to be the feisty one :? - whats this holding them down? is that so they cant go for the other?

thanks x

The first piccie of them....

Sorry about the quality, my camera is rubbish when it's dark and didn't want to disturb them too much with a huge flash!

SDC13670.jpg

awww what a happy couple :D they are really well suited.. :love:

where did you get your NIC cubes from? I have got identical ones but i need another pack the same?

abi - what do you do in that first few 'difficult' hour - do you just keep seperating? with gloves on :shock: or removing one and putting back in - i need some tips? as i have a feeling my female is going to be the feisty one :? - whats this holding them down? is that so they cant go for the other?

thanks x

To be honest, Blossom & Timmy were probably the toughest buns I've ever bonded ... so don't assume that things will go like that with your two! In answer to your question: I had my oven gloves on when I could and was physically separating them as they were locking onto one another. It's hard to explain via words but there is a vast spectrum of nipping/chasing/fur pulling and it's mostly acceptible but Blossom & Timmy took it to the extreme! :shock: It takes experience to really know where the line is between letting them work it out and needing to intervene. After physically separating them I gently covered their face and held them down for a few seconds (tip learnt from Chloe) to try to calm them down a little & remind them that I'm boss! I'm not gonna sugar-coat it though, it was a pretty horrible hour or so :(. But the hard work & very late night has paid off with a happy ending :)

Update on the terrible two!

Me & Danielle have had the matress on the living room floor, and there's been no trouble what so ever :)

There's been the occasional crash against the cage, but Blossom really does throw herself down when she flops :lol:

They've both been sharing the hay and litter tray as good as gold! :D

Timmy has tried to mount :roll: her a couple of times and she just pushes him off with her nose :lol: Rejected!! :lol:

I've got the day off today to just sit here like a spud with an eye on them :lol:

Expect my RU post count to double :lol:

Timmy is totally besotted!

He's lying down with his head under her bum :lol:

I never thought I'd see the day!

He's always been a right nasty little ****** in the past :lol:

I've sprinkled some Pellets in their pen and gave them both treats of bannana (and a little ginger nut :lol: ) and they are sharing very well, no chasing or nudging or anything.

It's going too well :shock:

*touch wood* :lol:

Back