• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some advice on neutralizing territory

HouseOfRabbit

Warren Scout
After the loss of Quinn in November, her partner Harley has been looking sad, wanting attention from me and was obviously in need of a friend so I took the decision this week to drop him and my other m/f pair, Sylvester and Logan, off on Thursday with Alice at Windwhistle Warren for bonding with the hope that his quiet personality would be a good match for the other two and create a trio.

Well (touch wood) it looks like it may have worked, Alice put them together yesterday with no problems and transferred them today to her boarding space and judging by the pictures she's sent they seem to be all getting along ok. :thumb: Obviously I now need to neutralize their things but I'm not quite sure how far I need to go and what the best neutralizer is to use; is anyone able to help with answering my questions please? :wave:

1) Can I use a diluted solution of Hibiscrub and water to neutralize everything and if so in what proportion?

2) I'm going to be using Sylvester's and Logan's hutch and run for the trio but moving it to the other side of the patio where Harley's current hutch and run sits. Do I need to scrub or power wash the patio down first seeing as it was Harley's and Quinn's territory?

3) They will all have access to the same grass that they've previously had access to as two pairs; will that cause a problem?

4) Both floors in the hutch is lined with lino, when cleaning all the surfaces is it ok to take the lino out, scrub it on both sides and put it back or will it all need replacing?

5) Any suggestions on the best way to neutralize the run? It's double skinned with narrow gauge weld mesh so I was wondering if a scrubbing brush would work on both that and the hutch mesh?

6) Any suggestions on the best way to neutralize Runaround tunnels? I can take a scrubbing brush to the 8x4 runs and the junction boxes but I've got 8 foot pipes as well and I'm not sure where to start.

7) All their blankets and heat pod covers are going to be washed but do I need to put the jumpers that I use with them in the wash as well?

And finally, is there anything I can do once they come home and over the next few months to make sure that the bond sticks? I've done a new/resident bunny pair bond before and put them back into the resident bunny's territory with no issues but I know trio bonds are more complicated (hence me asking Alice to do it for me).

Sorry for the length of the post but if there's anything else that anyone can think of that I've missed please let me know. I'm really hoping this bond works as it means that I can double all their run space in one go but I don't want to accidentally miss something and mess it up.

The best way to neutralise is by using a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. If they have all been using something then that should be ok. I'll let someone with a trio answer your other questions. :thumb: Good luck

Thanks, I really hope this is going to work as it would mean that they would all end up with access to two 6x6 runs in the winter on the patio and then another two 8x4 runs on the grass on top of those in the summer. I'm tentatively looking forward to the binkies once they realise how much space they have.

Yes, it would be nicer for them, but they don't always see things the same way as us. Hopefully they will all get along!

Back