• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help in regards to hutches!!

yes I leave the cover on in the summer but roll up the front if it's really hot. I have got some see through plastic builders sheeting that I've put over the run and I roll it down when it's really wet. I've got different grasses, bunny safe plants, herbs, a little apple tree and bramble growing in the run so I need to allow some water in to keep the plants alive.

yes I leave the cover on in the summer but roll up the front if it's really hot. I have got some see through plastic builders sheeting that I've put over the run and I roll it down when it's really wet. I've got different grasses, bunny safe plants, herbs, a little apple tree and bramble growing in the run so I need to allow some water in to keep the plants alive.

Ok .. I guess then the hutch is still protected from the rain in the summer!! That sounds a brilliant run!!! I love the colour of your hutch and run!!

Or you could get a regular 6ft hutch and wack an aviary over the top so the hutch is always open and it's way easier for you to get inside and clean out and interact in the sun, rain, wind and snow.

7156217_orig.jpg

Ok .. I guess then the hutch is still protected from the rain in the summer!! That sounds a brilliant run!!! I love the colour of your hutch and run!!

Thanks the culprinol colours are really pretty and bunny safe. I will have to get an up to date picture with bunnies in. Sounds like you have lots of options now its just picking one! Like cat says aviaries are good as you can get in there but just depends if you have enough space.

Or you could get a regular 6ft hutch and wack an aviary over the top so the hutch is always open and it's way easier for you to get inside and clean out and interact in the sun, rain, wind and snow.

7156217_orig.jpg

Love that but sadly not the space for that kind of set up :(

Thanks the culprinol colours are really pretty and bunny safe. I will have to get an up to date picture with bunnies in. Sounds like you have lots of options now its just picking one! Like cat says aviaries are good as you can get in there but just depends if you have enough space.

Where can you buy these colours?? Yes please would love to see an up to date one!! Are the cat flaps easy to fit to the side of the hutch??

Where can you buy these colours?? Yes please would love to see an up to date one!! Are the cat flaps easy to fit to the side of the hutch??

most places like b&q and homebase sell them. I had to drill some holes in the side of the hutch then saw through which was a bit awkward but I did manage it. you then secure the inside and outside part of the catflap and screw them together so it keeps it all secure.

Not something like this (check out my skills in paint!), you'll have to imagine the mesh in there haha! It would only be about 3ft x 7.5ft if the space is as you said it was, but if the door opened outwards that would be fine, and having the lip at the bottom prevents escapes between your feet.

12038914_10153057235201761_3315226477596124614_o.jpg

most places like b&q and homebase sell them. I had to drill some holes in the side of the hutch then saw through which was a bit awkward but I did manage it. you then secure the inside and outside part of the catflap and screw them together so it keeps it all secure.

Ahh thank you!!!

Not something like this (check out my skills in paint!), you'll have to imagine the mesh in there haha! It would only be about 3ft x 7.5ft if the space is as you said it was, but if the door opened outwards that would be fine, and having the lip at the bottom prevents escapes between your feet.

Thats a cool idea .. I can visulize it .. but it would have to be smaller or the shed door wouldn't open lol!

Thats a cool idea .. I can visulize it .. but it would have to be smaller or the shed door wouldn't open lol!

Or you could have the door on the smaller end bit. Thats what I would have with clear tarp over the roof to keep the rain out and mabe a chair or bench inside to sit on and interact with them!

Can your bunnys have acsess to free range at all? My buns have the hutch n coop set up...200 wasted its a chuffing nightmare to clean ect n is not as spacious as it looks. Thankfully my bunnies have 24/7 accsess to free range. Always have had. With no issues. They have hidey holes ect if they get spooked. They live a eu natural life lol

Can your bunnys have acsess to free range at all? My buns have the hutch n coop set up...200 wasted its a chuffing nightmare to clean ect n is not as spacious as it looks. Thankfully my bunnies have 24/7 accsess to free range. Always have had. With no issues. They have hidey holes ect if they get spooked. They live a eu natural life lol

Rosie could have supervised access to the garden. She has done on occasion ... but only because she is easy to handle and comes up to you no problems. Buster we wouldn't be able to get hold of .. hes a pickle and runs off lol!! I say supervised because in a few places there is opertunities to get under the fence (hutch side) becuase the ground is not level!!

If you can't give them the space they need outside a good idea would be to rabbit proof your house and have them freeranging.

If you can't give them the space they need outside a good idea would be to rabbit proof your house and have them freeranging.

They come in the house a lot anyway ... mainly over the summer. I won't bring them in so much if at all now over winter because I want them to climatize to the weather. I know its not good for them to keep coming from cold to hot and then hot to cold.

Back