• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice about getting a friend for my single bunny

It does seem like SSPCA are dead set on me having the other hutch and possibly wouldn't believe me if I said I'd just keep one indoors.

Also, I'd hate one to be indoors and one to be out.. especially in the bad weather. I'd see so much of one and not so much of the other, and I'd feel like Rain was missing out more than I already do... I hate it in winter.. I end up putting my raincoat and wellies on and sitting out in the pouring rain petting him while he snuggles up in his cosy hutch.. lol. He probably thinks I'm mental!

I know that if I bring him in just now, I need to keep him in until the Spring weather again. I'm thinking ahead, because he doesn't like the wet weather.. and he doesn't come out of his hutch as much.. but he really loves the snow.. and he goes out and digs little bunny igloos.. and makes big piles of snow to sit up on.. lol

He has so much freedom in the garden.. I wonder if that's maybe why he doesn't like being indoors now. It would cut his running space down by a huge amount, and he spends a lot of time running around out there.

But, I know that if I am to make him an indoor guy, it should be before the mild weather breaks.. I just feel that he doesn't want to be indoors, and it would be cruel for me to force that lifestyle on him. :/

I'm going to have a look at the other rescues in Scotland. Maybe I'll find him a perfect match somewhere.. even if I do have to drive for hours too! LoL

Obviously its your choice but I really think the SSPCA's requirements are the most sensible and regardless of where you get the bun from you should have an emergency/ spare hutch for the numerous reasons already outlined , even if it's just kept in the shed in flat pack form or something.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Looks like I'll be hutch shopping then. :)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the advice/help.

Back