• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a hutch or a run

I'd just like to say it's great to hear someone who makes what look like great hutches actually taking advice regarding size, you are definitely in the minority and could change the lives of lots of bunnies for the better! :thumb:

Agreed, you make a welcome change from all those that are just in it for the money and don't care about the products they sell :)

Your hutches are brilliant quality! :D I won repeat what everyone else has said but i think they are fab for guinea pigs. :) Good Luck in designing and building bigger hutches and runs. :)

Agreed, you make a welcome change from all those that are just in it for the money and don't care about the products they sell :)

Thank you, I take pride in what I do - and always try my best to sell quailty products at reasonable prices.

Kind Regards
Dave

Your hutches are brilliant quality! :D I won repeat what everyone else has said but i think they are fab for guinea pigs. :) Good Luck in designing and building bigger hutches and runs. :)

But guinea pigs should have a minimum of 4ft width x 2ft depth though obviously 18" height would be fine for them...... a 3ft hutch would not be big enough for guinea pigs either. ;)

I agree with what everyone else has said - nice hutches / runs - but too small. I hope you can find some sort of compromise between price and size. :D

I'd be happy to put a flat-pack together.

Finding decent sized well made hutches is so hard!! Not many places offer 6ft hutches and no where really offers 7 or 8ft hutches - If you started offer these I don't think price and postage would mater - it's just reliability that matters most - I NEED flat pack - I can't get a pre-built hutch in my back yard :lol: - So tbh you can hit a huge market but offering decent housing - and if you do make your buisness ethical I bet all rescues would be willing to recomend you to new owners looking for accommodation.

Two more suggestions if i may:

You could advertise in vets maybe and also have a word with local rescues. They could refer people to you so they get the correct and suitable accommodation for the potential bunster.

Why not do what Ryedale do and get a flatbed van and deliver them yourself. Do a delivery in a certain area every so often and plan a route. I thought it rather funny to see this van with hutches piled high going along :lol:

Finding decent sized well made hutches is so hard!! Not many places offer 6ft hutches and no where really offers 7 or 8ft hutches - If you started offer these I don't think price and postage would mater - it's just reliability that matters most - I NEED flat pack - I can't get a pre-built hutch in my back yard :lol: - So tbh you can hit a huge market but offering decent housing - and if you do make your buisness ethical I bet all rescues would be willing to recomend you to new owners looking for accommodation.

I am working some prices out at the moment for a 6' so will work some out for5', 7' & 8' hutches as well.

Kind regards
Dave

Ps will give you all an update tomorrow.
Thank you everybody for there comments and feedbacks.:wave:

I'll be watching this space as I need a nice 6 x 2 x 2 hutch for my guinea pigs.

When thinking about cost and shipping don't forget that we are expecting our rabbits to be with us for 10 or 12 years so we want a quality hutch that's going to last not a cheap flimsy thing we'll have to replace in a couple of winters which will cost us more in the long run.

I would be very interested in a 6ft double hutch!! Like the others have said people will pay the postage for the best quility hutch for their animals. I want to know that if i pay out for a big hutch it is going to last a good few years so would be happy to pay a higher price for the prefect home :)

have PMed you hope you dont mind.

Website update

Hello All,
I am pleased to let you know that I have now updated my website with large hutches.

I have also uploaded a picture of a 5’ x 2’ x 2’ hutch that I made last year as a special order for a customer.

The reason I have never uploaded it before, is that the colours in the picture aren’t right for some reason – but it dose show a view of the style of the front – hope this helps!

For all the members that asked me about runs, I have worked the prices out, but can’t upload to the website at the moment as I have no pictures!
But the prices will be -
6’ x 6’ x 2’ £90.00 + £30.00 p&p = £120.00
8’ x 8’ x 2’ £125.00 + £30.00 p&p = £155.00

I look forward to receiving any comments that you may have – good or bad!!

http://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk/largerabbithutches.html

Kind Regards
Dave

Hello All,
I am pleased to let you know that I have now updated my website with large hutches.

I have also uploaded a picture of a 5’ x 2’ x 2’ hutch that I made last year as a special order for a customer.

The reason I have never uploaded it before, is that the colours in the picture aren’t right for some reason – but it dose show a view of the style of the front – hope this helps!

For all the members that asked me about runs, I have worked the prices out, but can’t upload to the website at the moment as I have no pictures!
But the prices will be -
6’ x 6’ x 2’ £90.00 + £30.00 p&p = £120.00
8’ x 8’ x 2’ £125.00 + £30.00 p&p = £155.00

I look forward to receiving any comments that you may have – good or bad!!

http://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk/largerabbithutches.html

Kind Regards
Dave

:thumb:

:wave: hi there
they look fantastic!! the prices are very good too!
Well done for doing your research I am sure it will help your bussiness!! I will spread the word about the 8ft hutches too, i havent seen them avalible anywhere else. :D

Thank you very much for your comments and Many Thanks for speading the word.

I appreciate all comments good or bad as it helps provide products that customers want and makes room for improvement.

Once again Many Thanks.

Kind Regards
Dave

Wow, I have just picked up on this thread. Thanks Dave for listening to everyone on here. I was thinking while I was reading it, could you now not find someone to supply for you over here, that way you could just bring a load over at once, would that help keep the price down?

Angela

Wow, I have just picked up on this thread. Thanks Dave for listening to everyone on here. I was thinking while I was reading it, could you now not find someone to supply for you over here, that way you could just bring a load over at once, would that help keep the price down?

Angela

Hi Angela,
I have considered your idea, even thou I think is a good idea, I think it could cause to many problems with payments, and could also tie up a lot of cash flow.

I am always prepared to meet people at certain places – ie. Junction 28 M25 – Stansted Airport .etc to help with delivery costs.

Kind Regards
Dave

Hi. I found your site today while looking for a decent run. I'm suprised to see you're still selling 3ft hutches - surely you realise this isn't right? I couldn't bring myself to order one of your runs for this reason.

If you really want to get the rabbit owning population on your side, I strongly suggest that you completely re-think the kind of hutches you're offering. I think if you put the effort in you could corner the market on large rabbit hutches, as there aren't so many of these about, and you could get a great and lucritive business going. :) I noticed you are selling some decent ones too, so why not focus entirely on these? I'm sure there are many others like me who would snap up one of your hutches/runs, but are put off by the size of the others.

I hate to say it but IMO right now you're just another guy selling bunny prisons. :( Please, please re-think this.

Last edited:
Hi. I found your site today while looking for a decent run. I'm suprised to see you're still selling 3ft hutches - surely you realise this isn't right? I couldn't bring myself to order one of your runs for this reason.

If you really want to get the rabbit owning population on your side, I strongly suggest that you completely re-think the kind of hutches you're offering. I think if you put the effort in you could corner the market on large rabbit hutches, as there aren't so many of these about, and you could get a great and lucritive business going. :) I noticed you are selling some decent ones too, so why not focus entirely on these? I'm sure there are many others like me who would snap up one of your hutches/runs, but are put off by the size of the others.

I hate to say it but IMO right now you're just another guy selling bunny prisons. :( Please, please re-think this.

Where do you see 3ft hutches? I couldn't find them anymore on the site. The website says
There are 4 lenghts avaliable. 5' (1500mm) - 6' (1800mm) - 7' (2100mm) - 8' (2200mm) these sizes are the overall external lenghts.

No 3ft?

I think the hutches and runs look FAB. Well done. :D

Back