• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty boy!

beausaffie

Warren Scout
For some reason my 6 month old buck has taken to weeing on my sofas! Luckily they are leather!

He uses a litter tray but just cant help himself i told him off tonight and i think he knew he done wrong this time.

How can i stop him peeing on my sofa? Plus hes not as clean as my other boy when it comes to pooing in his litter tray either? Is he maybe just a slow learner or is he just being mischevious? :roll:

Is it possible to have some back ground information to your rabbits so that we can get a better idea about them to be able to offer accurate advise, this would need to include if they live together, are they neutered, if this is a sudden change in behaviour have they been vet checked to ensure that they do not have a UTI, do you have other rabbits ...

Of course. I have 2 boys that live in seperate cages.

Beau is a year old and has been neautered about 5 months ago.

Saff i just found out is actually a boy as i booked her for a spay and he ended up being being castrated instead. Saff's testicles never developed properly which made us think it was a girl and they were inside him.

They dont get on to well but i have been extremely gradually bonding them. by having saff on my lap and Beau comes up and they smell each other. Or i have Saffs cage open and they nuzzle each other for a bit and i praise them when they are good. I cant bond them properly until at least 6 weeks after Saffs op though as his hormones will make them fight.

They have had 2 fights in the past, as i never realised Saff was i boy i now understand why they had the fights.

They both have run of my whole flat but at seperate times. They take turns in coming out. But will happily lay next to each others cages. There is still a lot of territiory marking going on though with the poos. Maybe the wee could be the same?

Beau done it a few times when he was a kitten but now he is good as gold. Maybe Saff just needs time to learn?

Of course. I have 2 boys that live in seperate cages.

Beau is a year old and has been neautered about 5 months ago.

Saff i just found out is actually a boy as i booked her for a spay and he ended up being being castrated instead. Saff's testicles never developed properly which made us think it was a girl and they were inside him.

They dont get on to well but i have been extremely gradually bonding them. by having saff on my lap and Beau comes up and they smell each other. Or i have Saffs cage open and they nuzzle each other for a bit and i praise them when they are good. I cant bond them properly until at least 6 weeks after Saffs op though as his hormones will make them fight.

They have had 2 fights in the past, as i never realised Saff was i boy i now understand why they had the fights.

They both have run of my whole flat but at seperate times. They take turns in coming out. But will happily lay next to each others cages. There is still a lot of territiory marking going on though with the poos. Maybe the wee could be the same?

Beau done it a few times when he was a kitten but now he is good as gold. Maybe Saff just needs time to learn?

Territorial marking, almost certainly.

You've got two males, who think they own the place - so they mark so the other knows its theirs. I wouldnt bond them in non-neutral space, you are asking for another fight unfortunately if you do :(

Also, if you tell him off, he may learn that as a response, and he wants a response possibly, so the more you tell him off, the more he may do it, just as a side note :)

HTH.

Oh yes i never though of that, the response when they get told off! They are so clever!

Yes i am hoping to bond them at my friends flat. Give them 10 mins every few days to start with then work from there.

Will they ever be ok in my flat together though?

Oh yes i never though of that, the response when they get told off! They are so clever!

Yes i am hoping to bond them at my friends flat. Give them 10 mins every few days to start with then work from there.

Will they ever be ok in my flat together though?

You will need to 100% neutralise your flat so it doesn't smell of either of them :)

Water with White Vinegar seems to be the common one, i used it myself last week before my 2 went together after a weeks solid bonding.

Oh my god that would mean everything sofas, skirting borads carpets everything wouldnt it? Ohhhh dear! May get my carpets professionally cleaned again or is that taking it to the extreme a bit?

Oh my god that would mean everything sofas, skirting borads carpets everything wouldnt it? Ohhhh dear! May get my carpets professionally cleaned again or is that taking it to the extreme a bit?

This is what i did;

Febreezed all sofas / chairs.
Vanish Carpet Cleaner (you spray it on, leave it 2 hours, hoover it up)
Shake & Vac the carpet
Febreezed the carpet

Used 50:50 White Vinegar:Luke Warm Water on all skirting boards / walls / tv stands / tables / sofa legs / door frames.

Sounds excessive, but i didnt want any risks of territorialism.

Wow thank god i dont have much in my flat. Think i may call in a friend to help with that task! Im really greatfull for your help and advise as i wouuld never have thought to so shake and vac or frebreeze!!!

Ohhh my flat will smell glorious!! :)

So once i have done all that will they not be aloud out on there own until they have bonded compltely or it wont work?

Wow thank god i dont have much in my flat. Think i may call in a friend to help with that task! Im really greatfull for your help and advise as i wouuld never have thought to so shake and vac or frebreeze!!!

Ohhh my flat will smell glorious!! :)

So once i have done all that will they not be aloud out on there own until they have bonded compltely or it wont work?

Yeah, my house smelt lovely for a week or so :lol: Now it smells like hay again :love:

Basically, yeah, you can not let them out on their own once its cleaned, as you'll be back at square one otherwise.

If you fancy reading (and have plenty of time lol) my bonding thread is at http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250176&highlight=bonding+diary. It's not overly informative, but it does show what i did.

There are lots of people on here who can help :)

Oh brilliant i will certainly read your thread! I have a few weeks still until Saff is fully healed and the hormones have calmed down, then i think im going to go for it! I wont give up i have a lot of paitents luckily!

Is it true you can also cover them in talcom powder to discuise there scent when bonding them and put bananna on each of their heads so they lick it off each other?

Like any animal, it could just be naturally mischievous. He may have a slightly weak bladder and just can't hold it :D I 'm sorry i can't be much help but if the bunny is mischievous in other ways, this could be another slightly naughty thing it's doing.:lol:

Back