• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxo Vaccinations- Warning- National Vaccination Shortage

Just been up to Ivan for vaccs for some of ours this afternoon and he says that it's not unusual for there to be times when the wholesalers haven't got any, because the manufacturers only produce vaccines in batches. He wasn't unduly concerned - in particular for bunnies who are vaccinated 6 monthly as there will be so leftover protection from the previous 6 months.

He did say however that he'd be looking into this vaccine issue and the issue of the VHD outbreaks in France and would let me know what he finds out.

Interesting. my vets said its national because they can't get them from anywhere.

I moved Esme's vaccination forward from when I intended (she was technically overdue but we were aiming for March to line her up with Artie) and asked the vet who said she hadn't heard anything. This week was Tink and Roo's turn and I asked FHB if she had heard anything - she said Ruth had told her what I said last week so she rang the manufacturers - who denied it. They said they were intending to do a big campaign to get people to vaccinate in next few weeks which they wouldn't do if there was a shortage of vaccination. Just err on the side of caution she put in a big order and was stocking the fridge with it this morning. :lol::lol: So it is still available but that's not to say it isn't going to run low in a few weeks time (apart from in Harrogate of course).

I ordered 15 for my lot and they arrived no problem and I haven't heard of any problem about getting vaccines up here.

Back