• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Wendyhouse + Run Setup *pic heavy*

snaisby

Warren Scout
I got a bargain run off ebay a couple of weeks ago, which means that I have finally been able to give the buns an attached run on their wendyhouse AND a grass run for good weather :D thought i'd share some pics of the complete setup:

Wendyhouse (4 x 3ft) + run (7 x 4ft)
The run is homemade (there's an old thread with the step-by-step if anyone's interested) and i'm really pleased with how it's holding up even with the bad winter.
0fda04de.jpg

Inside the wendyhouse - litter tray, hidey box, ledges for hopping. Excuse the random dandelion/stickyweed/strawberry leaves strewn around, it's ready for them to go back in for their tea!
c417951a.jpg

More of the interior - bottle holder, treat ball (they get most of their pellets in it)
291046b1.jpg

Window and door to run, cut with jigsaw and used the cut-out as a door flap. They spend most of their time up on the shelf by the window, munching hay :D
a3586370.jpg

Door is held open with a little cupboard latch
27ba3c23.jpg

And can be locked shut with a swinging catch
f5b9d3bf.jpg

View into run from house - blue bin has another litter tray + hay in it
d936af91.jpg

Inside run - bendy sticks and decking square (works as a doormat, helps keep the house clean!)
a2e5cf35.jpg

Random pic of the storage hutch - got given this by a family friend when their rabbit died, makes a good dry place for hay/pellets etc but not big enough for buns ;) black bin next to it is full of megazorb
acf3f2f8.jpg

And bonus pics of new (ish) 5 x 5ft grass run + buns. Have attached the old guinea pig run just for novelty, it's apparently super exciting to dash in and out of :lol:
2df2469c.jpg

"Can we help you??"
2f0821eb.jpg

"What?!"
08a92d43.jpg

Sorry for the pic overload :shock: i'm just happy i've got it all how i want it :lol:

Love your bunnies! A shed is better than a hutch isn't it. More protection for the rabs from the weather and predators.

litter tray in the bin to keep it dry inside the run - what a great idea, I am going to steal that one if you dont mind.

Thanks all :D the buns seem happy with it!

Loving the colour on the inside of the shed, too. :)

Haha, it's pink because my sister and her friends decided to paint it with the leftover paint from doing her bedroom when she was about 12 :lol: the outside used to be pink and blue (from my bedroom paint!) for the same reason, I wasn't so keen though ;) so when it was designated for bunny use I restained it.

P1050228.jpg

MotherPanda said:
He he - we have a storage hutch too! it's better than to sell them on, knowing some poor bunny will get stuck in it

Fully agree, fortunately the bun that used to live in it had an attached 6x4ft run which they also gave us - the run is part of my bun's uni accommodation in Newcastle now :)

keri said:
litter tray in the bin to keep it dry inside the run - what a great idea, I am going to steal that one if you dont mind.

Of course not, glad to inspire :lol: the litter tray fits in perfectly, keeps their hay dry and having 2 trays improves their accuracy ;)

Back