• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My udder mammals 23/08/11 rat and hamster pics

Heheh wee Mouse is really excited about something
mouse_excited.jpg

Marble having a lie-down
marble_lazy.jpg

Dafties!:roll::lol:

OMG i want to steal your ratties!!! Im absolutely rat mad, they are gorgeous :love::love: and wonderful animals!!! i dont have any now tho:eek:( i did have 20 at one point.

xx

Sadly I had to have one of my oldest rats (Domino) put to sleep yesterday. I knew she was poorly with a respiratory infection but my vet found a lump in her intestines on Friday. It was only a matter of time before she became to ill to carry on so we returned to the vet yesterday morning to find that her breathing had worsened and her liver had become enlarged and hard.

Given she was so old I decided it'd be kinder to help her on. My vet reckoned that if we didn't she'd have died within 48 hours and it'd be a distressing death for her.

Sleep tight Domino
domino_tilly-1.jpg

Her friends and sister are doing fine thankfully. Her sis Marble is my eyeless girl and aside from her back legs being a bit wobbly she's still fine and a healthy 430g. :shock:

marble03.jpg

marble05.jpg

I don't have many great pics of Rasha but managed to snap a few this morning while she checked my fingers
rasha01.jpg

rasha02.jpg

rasha03.jpg

Mouse and Bounce shared some ratty tattie
mouse_bounce02.jpg

Mounce had a drink
mouse03.jpg

Thankfully Mouse has filled out a bit now and looks more like a rat
mouse04.jpg

She loves to have a play fight with you though, if you rough her up she'll grab your fingers in her teeth (never hard)
mouse06.jpg

Bounce says hello
bounce02-1.jpg

I love my new camera :love:

Silver had a really weird little face, she'll be two in November so is getting on a bit. It's a shame rats and other rodents seem to age so quickly but Silver and Hidey are the same age and none are showing signs of aging yet.

silver01-1.jpg

silver02.jpg

Unsure where she got the spikey do or if this is the fashion in the rat world at the moment or what
silver03.jpg

Hidey
hidey001-2.jpg

My lad got a couple of beef bones from the butchers for his dog so we made some stock and gave the rats a bone to gnaw on too.

bone001.jpg

Mouse has a chew
mouse001.jpg

Bounce my little tiny rapist
bounce001-1.jpg

Marble is my oldest rat at 2 years and 5 months. Her back legs are starting to get weak but she enjoys climbing around on the sofa and sniffing my lads dog Dusty.

dusty_marble001.jpg

and yes Marble has no eyes
marble001-1.jpg

Not sure what this pose was about
marble002.jpg

What Marble doesn't enjoy is being loved as my lad found out :lol:
stu007.jpg

You can just see the little poop she's trying to squeeze out while he's smoothering her in kisses. Funnily enough she never poops on me. :lol:

I hosted a balcony BBQ the other night and Frasier the hamster had a great time hanging out in peoples bras

bbq013.jpg

bbq012.jpg

Back