• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 'Set Up' for Homecheck UD We passed

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
:DSo.... the RSPCA man is coming on Saturday to see my set-up. Bit nervous really. I took some photos (they need photos still as it's a different branch doing the HC). What dyou think? These are the rooms bun is allowed. It's just basically my house...and I can't get whole rooms in the photo?! Maybe I should take a photo of the cage too? She doesn't live in it though, it's just for pooing in...I love how Little managed to follow me around the house and get in every photo lol!

2013-04-11194832_zps76d3ee77.jpg
Living room
2013-04-11195029_zpsed648cf3.jpg
Bunny room
2013-04-11194925_zps6477bf98.jpg
Hallway, complete with chewed rug

What dyou think they'll be checking for? :? I'll clear all that stuff off the desk I think, that's just feed and stuff for the car boot on Sunday...

Last edited:
I think it looks great!
My bun has a similar kind of set up indoors :)

I personally don't know what they could mark you down on.
You are offering a large space and clearly are a good bunny owner, they shouldn't hesitate in letting you take home a bunny.

Is this the interview for Clogs? :) Has the giant gone?

Last edited:
Personally I'd take the top off the cage and get rid of it and just use base as a litter tray. If they see a cage, they may think bunny will be in it most of the day and only let out for brief free-range time when you are home.

Personally I'd take the top off the cage and get rid of it and just use base as a litter tray. If they see a cage, they may think bunny will be in it most of the day and only let out for brief free-range time when you are home.

Good point...although my skirting boards will say differently!! Lol

I never thought of taking the top off!! Never occurred to me for some reason lol! I'd better fess up though and say I lock her in there when I vaccume her room because I'm worried about her eating the wire...

I think it looks great!
My bun has a similar kind of set up indoors :)

I personally don't know what they could mark you down on.
You are offering a large space and clearly are a good bunny owner, they shouldn't hesitate in letting you take home a bunny.

Is this the interview for Clogs? :) Has the giant gone?

The Giant's reserved and anyway they were the ones that wanted me to cart Little miles and miles just to embarass me. Yeah, I'm focussing on Clogs. I learned some more about him today. He's about 6 months old and 2.5kg, so probably will be a big boy! They called him Clogs because he has huge feet even for a bun. Apparently he likes other buns and people....:love:

I keep looking at his photo :oops:

The Giant's reserved and anyway they were the ones that wanted me to cart Little miles and miles just to embarass me. Yeah, I'm focussing on Clogs. I learned some more about him today. He's about 6 months old and 2.5kg, so probably will be a big boy! They called him Clogs because he has huge feet even for a bun. Apparently he likes other buns and people....:love:

I keep looking at his photo :oops:

Sounds like you love him already! :love:

Well big buns are the best in my opinion. ;)
I really hope it goes well, I'm sure you'd give him a great home!

Feel a bit heartless being excited about Clogs, Big's only been dead a week :cry: I called him today without thinking.

Don't feel bad...Big will be looking down on you ...pleased that you are helping another bunny that needs a good home, and pleased that you are thinking of Little's well being too. It's only natural to still call out for him...it will still take time to get used to him not being there. (((hugs))))

regarding the lid to the cage, I know it may be cheating a little, but maybe just take it off and put it away out of sight until after the home check, like under a bed where you can still use it when you need to hoover.

I'd just rather reduce the risk of being declined for a home check over something simple ...you know he is out but they don't. Poppy was kept in a cage like that 24/7 before I took her on, and I bet the majority of new bunny owners buying those cages from places like P@H also think it is OK to keep them in it 24/7 or overnight.

regarding the lid to the cage, I know it may be cheating a little, but maybe just take it off and put it away out of sight until after the home check, like under a bed where you can still use it when you need to hoover.

I'd just rather reduce the risk of being declined for a home check over something simple ...you know he is out but they don't. Poppy was kept in a cage like that 24/7 before I took her on, and I bet the majority of new bunny owners buying those cages from places like P@H also think it is OK to keep them in it 24/7 or overnight.

It's mad isnt it... once you give a bun loads of space you realise how cruel it is to keep them in cages. God the idea of keeping Little in a cage overnight is both sad and hilarious as I'd never sleep because of the noise she'd make!! :lol:

your set up looks great with loads of room. :D

i felt so guilty even thinking of getting maisie piggy a new friend when ches passed, as it was so soon after (just over 2 weeks) but i'm glad i did now because maisie became happy again, and we helped another rescue find a forever home, and eddie brought some happiness back after losing ches. those we lose can never be replaced. :love:

xxx

Oh my, I had not realized you are expecting a new bun! :) Is there a pic of him anywhere? I hope the homecheck goes well, it looks like you have a great space for him. :)
What a sweetie, Little following you about! :D
((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) for you regarding calling out for Big. Totally understandable and don't feel bad, you are giving another bunny an opportunity to have a wonderful life! :)
Bless xxxx

Here he is

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutani...ch/details/-/Pet/CLOGS/ref/BSA2006240/rehome/

I still yell out before I leave the house 'mumma loves Big and Littlest Bun!!' (which, incidentally, is the last thing Big would have heard me say :) ).

I still miss Big and my brain hasn't quite accepted he's not coming back.... but I still love him. His death won't change that. As with any animal, it's not how they died, it's how they lived.
Now I smile when I think of him, not cry. I've been preparing myself for his death for a long time.

And I don't want miss fancy pants Little bun thinking she rules the roost. Think it's important to get newbun in before she thinks she's queen of the world (I've been letting her sleep on our bed, won't be telling Mr. RSPCA that!! :roll: )

I'd think they might want a few more pics so you can see the rooms better, maybe stand at one end and take one, then at the other end. I would also include one of the cage, as after all it is a part of his home.

Here he is

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutani...ch/details/-/Pet/CLOGS/ref/BSA2006240/rehome/

I still yell out before I leave the house 'mumma loves Big and Littlest Bun!!' (which, incidentally, is the last thing Big would have heard me say :) ).

I still miss Big and my brain hasn't quite accepted he's not coming back.... but I still love him. His death won't change that. As with any animal, it's not how they died, it's how they lived.
Now I smile when I think of him, not cry. I've been preparing myself for his death for a long time.

And I don't want miss fancy pants Little bun thinking she rules the roost. Think it's important to get newbun in before she thinks she's queen of the world (I've been letting her sleep on our bed, won't be telling Mr. RSPCA that!! :roll: )

Oh my, he is adorable! :D Good luck with the home check! When will you know that you can adopt him?

I know how you feel when it comes to preparing for the passing of an animal for a period of time. I honestly didn't think Mimzy would survive his head tilt because it came on so quickly and strongly, but here we are almost a year out. Still...I can't help but think, maybe today is the day and I need to be ready.
:(

And psst...I think you're too late...Little is already Queen...didn't you get the memo? ;) :lol:
I didn't realize how quickly Pip took over when she arrived...she's been in charge ever since she came across the threshold...if not sooner! :shock:

And psst...I think you're too late...Little is already Queen...didn't you get the memo? ;) :lol:

:D Heheheh yeah maybe... after about two mins of talking to me on the phone the RSPCA lady said 'I can tell Clogs will be spoiled if he comes to live with you' :lol:

You should see her...my OH very sweetly made some makeshift 'steps' so she can climb up on our bed if she wants (only when we're in there, there's too much stuff in the bedroom for her to be allowed to be in there alone) and she hops about for a bit then flops at the end of the bed and falls asleep!!

I know I can't leave her there while we're asleep so I've been reading really really late so she can get some snuggely rest with us. I'm such a slave to her :lol:

And thanks nessar I am trying, my phone's just so bad at taking piccies :) I'll have another go tomorrow...and I'll try and stop Little posing in every photo or they'll think I've got many many many buns :p

Good luck, I hope you soon have Cloggs, he looks a very handsome fella! We are about to embark on the same process ourselves for Jenny

Back