• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit's a bit jumpy and nervous =/

I had my rabbit castrated about 1 month ago, he's been totally fine. He still is totally fine, eating, drinking etc, but he's been going crazy in his cage recently. He bites on the bars and scratches at his door... I dunno whether that means he wants to come out or not??

When he does come out, normally he's fine boundering around, and if I sit on the floor he'll come over to me and sniff and lick etc, but just recently he's been very nervous and jumpy. He hardly ever lets me stroke him, and he won't relax. E.g, he'll go to lick/smell the floor, but after a split second he bolts back upright as if he's sensing attack or something!

What's going on with him? :(

:wave: Sounds nervous yes, you need to try and spend more time with him, hand feed his greens to him and have a really good routine for cleaning, feeding, letting him out - try and stick to the same times each day to build his confidence. You need to lie down and stay still and he will be so curious he will approach you, when you do stroke him make sure he can actually see your hand coming, move slowly and from the side of his face up to the top of his head, let him sniff your hand first etc It will just take time, maybe he needs a lady friend too :lol:

Back