• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

MY RABBIT WON'T EAT HAY...I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING....

Hey Nic,
A good tip I got recently is two pick some grass from the garden, rinse it off under the tap, then put it on some kitchen roll and dry it out on the radiator. I know it's a bit of a kerfuffle, but they love it.
Good luck.
Nicola x

Hi Nicola,

I will try it. I don't mind the hassle. It's worth trying anything if it works!!!

Thanks!!!!

Nic xxx

Can you buy bunny basics Timothy pellets from shops? I don't like putting credit card details on the computer.

Nic n Harvey xx

You can, one of our local pet shops does Bunny Basics T and also a local vets do it as well.

You can always email oxbow and ask them for any local suppliers. I had to do that when we first went over to all their range.

Janice

Thanks Janice,

You will all be sick of me and my thousands of questions!!! Sorry to bombard you all! I really appreciate all your help.

It's nice to be able to consult other people and get their views and very very helpful.

Nic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have found that even my fussy buns like the excel grass stuff (cant remember the name for the life of me) but it is a bit more than normal hay pets at home sell it and do offeres buy excel and get it free, if your bun has trouble try the excel junior nuggets they are tiny and less hard to chomp on :D

Hello,

I will buy some forage excel grass...it sounds quite good. Harvey is on the excel junior at the moment but it's not providing him with enough fibre. I'm going to try him on the bunny basics t. A local Vets is going to order it for me. Not sure how he'll get on as he tends to struggle with big pellets. Will have to wait and see.

Thank you.

Hugs,

Nic x

Excel Lite has a higher fibre content that Excel Junior (or the regular adult one), might be worth gradually switching to this if you can't get hold of Bunny Basics T. Supreme's Science Selective pellets also are higher in fibre - and although they're much bigger, somehow my Squishy was managing to eat them even when his teeth were beginning to grow into his gums, right before I took him home :shock:

My vets used to stock the Bunny Basics T, and since I've asked them, have got other Oxbow stuff for me too. Wonder if your vet could help....

I contacted a local Vet and they have ordered Some bunny basics for me. Should be able to pick it up today!!!

Hoping he will get on well with it. The only thing I'm concerned about is the size of the nuggets as he tends to struggle with large pellets which is why he's on the junior excel at the moment.

Will have to wait and see how he gets on.

Nic n Harvey xxx

Back