• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Doesnt Like Me Anymore

PercysMama

New Kit
:cry:

So to start, my bunny, Percy is a rescue. I got him at around three months. He's always been fairly independent and a busy boy with exploring and running off in curiosity, but will come see me, give kisses and jump all over me. Two weeks ago I got him neutered and its been hard to get his trust back the first few days after, but has been better since. Now, he wont even come sniff my hand when I hold it out to him, he runs away from me, nips at me and wont give me kisses anymore. This past week I've been moving a lot of furniture around and hes been in his hutch a little more often, but his schedule is still the same. Its like hes mad at me, hes even started thumping again. I dont know whats wrong or what to do, and it's honestly so upsetting. Any advice?

I know nipping can be a sign of affection sometimes, but he never really use to do it. They arent hard bites, just little nips. He will lay all sprawled out like before, play with his toys like before. It just seems like hes different with me, even nudges my hand away when I try to pet him sometimes. I love the little man dearly, and have tried the whole "apologize" via forehead touching, which has worked in the past, but he just seems to want nothing to do with me.

Last edited:
After neutering hormones can increase temporarily and should subside in 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Ditto

Also, being shut in a hutch will make him cross, even if it is just for a few hours. As you probably know Rabbits need access to space to exercise 24/7.Perhaps you could rethink how you keep him safe whilst you are moving furniture around :)

It can take awhile after neutering for Bunnies to trust you and like you again. Just give him more time.

thank you all for your help. Percy is around 6-7 months old, hes my first bunny and ive done a tooooon of research on how to make him a happy bun, but somethings are harder because every bun is different. today he and i had lots of time to bond and its been the closest weve been for a week. I think the whole moving furniture around has stressed him out possibly, that along with his recent surgery. i mean the moving stuff around is for him, to give him more space, but he doesnt know that. all he knows is that his environment is changing, and he doesnt seem too fond of it. im trying to do it all in big goes so that it stresses him out less. like one day where theres many changes vs a few days where theres a few, i think its less stressful for him. have it all done and allow him to relax for a few days before i have to change more, *insert shrug emoji here*

Last edited:
Sherlock start to nipp when it is time for dental check up and spur burring. But it can also be hormonal or behavioral. Shelock is never pleased when I clean his toilet or even if a dare to clean his rugs. I ussualy say I'm sory with apple stick or something he likes to chew on.

Back