• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mrtcharity: Chat room meet on sunday please

Have been on aol live help and did what they said but still cant download it :( Also had a look on the java site for help but cant find anything relevant - guess I cant join in the chat afterall :(

sarsimp said:
Have been on aol live help and did what they said but still cant download it :( Also had a look on the java site for help but cant find anything relevant - guess I cant join in the chat afterall :(
You might be able to. The page on my site is just one way of accessing IRC.

Does anyone know if AOL has any of their own tools for joining IRC?

Alternatively you could download the stand alone IRC client that Mr-T details in this thead: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/tam/viewtopic.php?t=14658

good luck! :)

Hi Jeremy - have managed to get in!!! :D :D through Mr T's link - I am so chuffed with myself! I started chatting and then realised no one was there and then saw the message - :roll: :oops:
Thanks very much for all you help - I am very stupid but in my defence I am old :lol:

Well done sarsimp, the main IRC client is quite difficult to navigate, either my instructions are quite good (which I doubt) or you are better than you think
8) 8)

anyway I did see a few people pop in and out I was around but busy on other things

If you want me while on there just say my name and it pops up on the screen

to say some ones name easily, just type the first couple of letters and press the Tab button

did you install the Java client and use the Web access? or are you trying to install the IRC software as per my link?

sorry beckiboo186 I cant help you with the web link....

Thanks all who attended tonight very productive and much sorted, much more to sort....

Mins and logs on other thread Meeting weds on IRC...

Back