• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mounting

Sounds like things have gone well! :) How are they since?

They're good :) Harvey licks Lilly to pieces, and she loves it! She's given him a groom a total of about 3 times now (first time last night, was so excited!!), so they both seem to like each other :) they spend lots of time ignoring each other, but no chasing, no mounting, no fur pulling anymore, lots of cleaning themselves and licking from Harvey to Lilly :)

The next warm day there is I'm going to neutralise their hutches and rearrange their setups and try them out together, whilst observing the whole time (hence nice day as I don't want to have to sit out in the rain/cold!), until then I'm going to keep them dating, they seem fine, no territorial behaviour over the toys I'm introducing to them so fingers crossed!! They miss each other when apart, they lay as close as they can to each other's hutches so they can be close!

I would just let them live together now since they obviously enjoy each other's company. My two do the same with the ignoring each other and Fiver grooms Xena but never seen Xena groom Fiver yet lol. There may be a little chasing at first when you let them live together but they should be fine now as long as everything is neutralised. :) This is my opinion though, if you feel they should carry on being separated then that's fine too. You know your bunnies more than anyone! :)

good luck!

Yeh I agree with you, I don't have time to neutralise their hutches today but they'll be together by the end of the week hopefully! I love that they get on so well! :)

I've sorted out their new set-up and have put them together now. I feel really silly for worrying so much!!! After 15mins of fascinated exploration they have settled now :) Harvey has given Lilly quite a few grooms, he's also done a few bunny flops, one of which he flopped straight through the hole on the second storey of their two tiered hutch!!! He looked a bit shocked but shook it off and went to Lilly to groom her :)

Two happy, no-longer-lonely bunnies! Very happy for them! I can't believe I only got her Friday! I thought it would take at least another week but they're already all loved up!

So glad they are happy together! :D I must admit, I didn't neutralise the bedroom when I put Xena in there after their "dating". It would be impossible to do tbh but they were fine after Fiver initially had a bit of a chase (trying to hump her). But then Xena did a binky and a happy flop and they've been ok since. :)

Tbh I didn't neutralise to a very high standard, I wiped the walls of the hutches with vinegar, rubbed some on the grass and swapped some bedding. I have been regularly swapping them between hutches though so they have each other's smell all over the whole set up already.

I just had a peak out and Harvey was laying down receiving a groom from Lilly! What a lucky boy!

Back