• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly have arrived!!!!!

thanks. I did my morning stuff and I put them into the pet carrier while I did everything. One question I have is that they are eating their bedding, which is meadow hay. They are not eating much timothy hay. I have tried to put the two together. There hasn't been much change really. And the food ball that i'm using, they don't seem to know what to do with it as it hasn't moved and no pellets have come out. They are really good in their litter tray though so I'm so happy with them for that. I'm going to hold them later this evening and tomorrow, they'll be introduced to the run for about 15 minutes.

look what they were doing around midday!!!

52qkjf9.jpg

They look so happy and content. It's now in my siggy cos it's so cute!! And, if you compare it to the pictures in my early posts, they so much less tense and nervous. My noisy nephew was around while I was taking this piccie too.

One question I have is that they are eating their bedding, which is meadow hay. They are not eating much timothy hay. I have tried to put the two together.

Don't worry about that, meadow hay is perfectly good for them, they don't actually need timothy if they are eating good quantities of meadow hay, it just provides variety and it does often encourage reluctant buns to eat hay.

If they are not using the treatball, I would put their pellets in a bowl for now, they are still youngsters so maybe try reintroducing the treatball once they are settled and a bit older.

They look very sweet :D

thanks AlisonA. that's put my mind at rest. I've really mixed the two together today so we'll see what happens later. They are chewing their willow hay rack. Is it ok if they eat it?

I get mine willow stuff for Christmas and it is destroyed in a day :shock: However they enjoy destroying it :D

I just replied to the post regarding the Rex (or Mini Rex?) bun named Baby--the fact that he's a ringer for my Emma. Now I found out that your Milly is the twin of my Zoe. I had no idea that my girls had relatives so far away from the States. :lol:

Jenk

this is what they were doing today, around midday. Milly used to hide behind Molly, but she's at the front now, which is great. :D Molly looks so relaxed, she is so flopped.

4poyq6o.jpg

it took alvin a couple of weeks, and now given the choice (bugress timothy hay with dandelions) he much prefers the expensive timothy hay over the cheaper meadow hay, i give him both at all times :D

Back