• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Megan and May ...mother / daughter spayed pair

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Megan ... this is mum .. arrived here with one baby and already pregnant again

and here is her daughter May .

They are both spayed and vaccinated and looking for a home together .

Adoption fee is £50 per rabbit .

Last edited:
They're so gorgeous, especially May!! :love:

I am fostering these two lovelies. May is a lovely placid bunny, she is also huge and getting bigger! She is 6 months old now and twice the size of her mum. Poor mum is only a year old and has had 2 pregnancies, she had her second litter of 4 babies in June, but has recovered well and is now enjoying life.They are a very loving pair, full of energy, they will be happy as house rabbits or living outside.

They're both gorgeous girls! :love::love::love:
If only I had space...:(

I wish you had space too! I know how well you look after your bunnies:wave: They are such fun loving girls, they were out for a run this afternoon and I could hardly see them as they whizzed around. So full of life!

more photos!

Here are the lovely Megan and May again. They are having to come inside for their run as the weather has been so horrible

They are very naughty and like to run along the window sill!:D

Last edited:
still waiting...

May as a baby....
Megan and May are still waiting for a new home. They are such gentle girls and so beautiful, the photos don't do them justice.
When i collected them in may this year, Megan had just given birth to may 4 weeks previously and she was pregnant again. May was tiny then, i could hold her in one hand, now she weighs 3.7kg, Megan is only 2kg. Megan went on to have 4 babies, poor girl was exhausted. She is enjoying life now but needs that forever home!

Last edited:
Wow, just fallen in love :O pair of stunners. They remind me of my two just different colours.

Aww wish I had the room, I'd snap them right up. Hope they find a forever home soon.

This is Megan and May in the summer when Megan had her litter of four black baby bunnies.
The babies have all been rehomed but poor Megan and May are still waiting for their new home.
They are very affectionate, easy- going rabbits, I think they could be bonded with a male rabbit as they seem very relaxed around other rabbits.
May is a big rabbit (nearly 4 kg) and both are very energetic so will need a lot of space, they are amazing to watch - they do 180 degree turns in mid air! Flying rabbits!:)

Hello there,

We are looking for a pair of rabbits for our daughters & just came across this thread!!
They will be living outdoors (we have a large shed for winter if weather gets too bad) and the kids got much of the 'kit' for xmas!!
The hutch we have is one of these http://www.rabbithutchesworld.co.uk/p/Hutch_n_Fun_Extra_Double_Rabbit_Hutch.htm which is the biggest we could accommodate & have the cover for it too when a bit of extra protection is needed.
Will also be building an outdoor run for them too in summer... there goes my best lawn !!

They look lovely rabbits, but being new to rabbit keeping would welcome advise on if we have enough space for them.
Please let me know
Ian

Can they be bonded with a neutered male? Is a trio bond doable?

hi, I have only once bonded a trio so am not an expert, mine went smoothly but I understand it can be tricky (as can bonding pairs). My trio was a neutered male and 2 spayed females. It worked well, but one female tended to be 'left out' a bit!
I think the main risk is that it can break the bond of the original pair and you could end up with 3 separate bunnies! I think its easier to start with 3 single buns. The reason I think these 2 girls might be ok is that they don't tend to get grumpy with each other when they smell other rabbits. My male /female pair get really grumpy and chase each other around, but these two are really chilled! Have you got a single neutered male bunny-boo?

hi, I have only once bonded a trio so am not an expert, mine went smoothly but I understand it can be tricky (as can bonding pairs). My trio was a neutered male and 2 spayed females. It worked well, but one female tended to be 'left out' a bit!
I think the main risk is that it can break the bond of the original pair and you could end up with 3 separate bunnies! I think its easier to start with 3 single buns. The reason I think these 2 girls might be ok is that they don't tend to get grumpy with each other when they smell other rabbits. My male /female pair get really grumpy and chase each other around, but these two are really chilled! Have you got a single neutered male bunny-boo?
Yes the one in my profile picture x

Hello there,

We are looking for a pair of rabbits for our daughters & just came across this thread!!
They will be living outdoors (we have a large shed for winter if weather gets too bad) and the kids got much of the 'kit' for xmas!!
The hutch we have is one of these http://www.rabbithutchesworld.co.uk/p/Hutch_n_Fun_Extra_Double_Rabbit_Hutch.htm which is the biggest we could accommodate & have the cover for it too when a bit of extra protection is needed.
Will also be building an outdoor run for them too in summer... there goes my best lawn !!

They look lovely rabbits, but being new to rabbit keeping would welcome advise on if we have enough space for them.
Please let me know
Ian

Hi Ian,
Yes they are lovely rabbits and I think would be a good pair for new rabbit owners. The hutch you have selected is very similar to the one they are in , but I will have to check the measurements. Their current hutch has a 'runaround' attached, this gives them access to a secure run 24/7. I still put them in a larger run on the grass when I can (most days) or let them free range in a secure area in our garden (with supervision as we have foxes here). A shed is ideal for winter too as they could maybe free range in the shed if the weather was bad. I am happy to speak to you on the phone about all the ins and outs of rabbit keeping! Let me check the hutch measurements and I will get back to you. My e mail is b.j.jackson@sheffield.ac.uk if you prefer rather than keep checking the forum. I am not sure how you paste links into the forum but its worth looking at the Rabbit welfare association website ( and preferably joining!) and also look at the runaround website for ideas on linking your hutch to a run, it is well worth it both for the rabbits and for you ( on those busy days when you dont have time to put them on the grass). Barbara
P.s. how old are your daughters? These are big rabbits and will not be cuddleable! they like having head rubs and fussing but on their own terms!

Last edited:
Hi Ian,
Unfortunately your hutch is too small for these two bunnies. If you attached a run it might be ok for a pair of small to medium bunnies. Please see the rabbit welfare site for information about recommended hutch sizes. I hope you find your ideal rabbits soon!

Back