• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

meet jemima

thank you georgey
seems people will use any excuse to have a go :roll: the hutch was scrubbed out with virkon 4 times before she went in it just any hutch before a new bunnie goes in it and all hutches are scrubbed once a month
at least mine are put on nice bedding given hay and straw and not living on news paper and expected to keep warm and comfortable with a tiny bit of hay in a litter tray !
and people wonder why people like me who breed bunnies dont share pictures very often because they always have one person who will have ago at them about something :roll:

Hang on Ann - I didn't have a go at you - I said I wasn't sure why she was in there - I suspected it might have been a temporary thing while you got organised, I asked a simple question because Jingle wasn't neutered when I rescued him and his hutch was filthy from spraying constantly and didn't look disimilar to that picture, I cleaned it once with white vinegar, warm soapy water with a drop of bleach using a nail brush, then hosed it out with cold water and dried with an old rag and after one clean it did not look like that - it's a fair comment - if people look at the pictures and don't say anything others will think that is good practice to have the walls of a hutch like that and it's not IMO especially when housing a baby rabbit in it. As has been said, it's not attacking you, i asked why they were like that with a young doe in there ?

ETA you are not shy about posting photo's at all, we've had a conversation about that on another thread where you posted approx 30 pictures of your rabbits.

Last edited:
I had to paint over wee stains to get rid of them and my 2 are neutered, must be a nightmare for you! Atleast she seems to have a nice biiiiiig hutch gotta be atleast 5x2 if not bigger? and for a weeny nethie thats good :thumb:

Whats she got in her bowl? Mushy pellets?

shes fed on pellets mixed with food she came with and a few treats
i have mushed a few of the pellets not all i usually do this with the little ones especiall when they have been weaned on a mix which ia softer than pellet food

Will you be breeding from her or is she just a pet?
all of our rabbits regardless if they are breeding, showing or just here because we love their company like robbie rotton are pets and are treated as pets i dont care if they dig in the garden and get mucky so they cant go to the next show thats what they enjoy doing so they do it
yes when she is older we hope to have a litter from her and maybe show her if and only if she enjoys it if she doesnt enjoy her first show which will be a small local one she wont go again simple as that !

shes fed on pellets mixed with food she came with and a few treats
i have mushed a few of the pellets not all i usually do this with the little ones especiall when they have been weaned on a mix which ia softer than pellet food

all of our rabbits regardless if they are breeding, showing or just here because we love their company like robbie rotton are pets and are treated as pets i dont care if they dig in the garden and get mucky so they cant go to the next show thats what they enjoy doing so they do it
yes when she is older we hope to have a litter from her and maybe show her if and only if she enjoys it if she doesnt enjoy her first show which will be a small local one she wont go again simple as that !

Does Jazzy understand her pet may die from breeding?

Jemima is :love::love::love:

I dont think the walls look dirty as such. Yes they have been sprayed on but it definatly looks as though it has been cleaned well as the stains are white and not yellow/brown :?

She really is a little cutie pie :love:

Hang on Ann - I didn't have a go at you - I said I wasn't sure why she was in there - I suspected it might have been a temporary thing while you got organised, I asked a simple question because Jingle wasn't neutered when I rescued him and his hutch was filthy from spraying constantly and didn't look disimilar to that picture, I cleaned it once with white vinegar, warm soapy water with a drop of bleach using a nail brush, then hosed it out with cold water and dried with an old rag and after one clean it did not look like that - it's a fair comment - if people look at the pictures and don't say anything others will think that is good practice to have the walls of a hutch like that and it's not IMO especially when housing a baby rabbit in it. As has been said, it's not attacking you, i asked why they were like that with a young doe in there ?

sorry i had a go its just seems everytime i post pics on here and im desperate to share pics of our babies but every time i do someone has to say something negative or have a go and i appologise my defences just went up
yes we scrub out hutches regually and i mean scrub we have scrubbing brush and scourers and clothes just for the job and always before any new rabbit goes into a hutch but these hutches are what 5 years old now and well try as i might i cant get the stains out i dont like using bleach near animals as it is a poison and vinigar the smell makes me sick so i would have never thought of that
i always use virkon which kills everything its a great disinfectant which the vet reconmended to use and it smells nice doesnt leave a horried after smell like some do

Jemima is :love::love::love:

I dont think the walls look dirty as such. Yes they have been sprayed on but it definatly looks as though it has been cleaned well as the stains are white and not yellow/brown :?

She really is a little cutie pie :love:

Ann has said she has cleaned it, I don't know why I was able to get that sort of marking off, maybe leaving the white vinegar to soak in for a while? Then using warm soapy water with a drop of bleach - but, I was able to remove all that staining from Jingle's hutch, I also added a drop of lemon juice to the warm water.:)

sorry i had a go its just seems everytime i post pics on here and im desperate to share pics of our babies but every time i do someone has to say something negative or have a go and i appologise my defences just went up
yes we scrub out hutches regually and i mean scrub we have scrubbing brush and scourers and clothes just for the job and always before any new rabbit goes into a hutch but these hutches are what 5 years old now and well try as i might i cant get the stains out i dont like using bleach near animals as it is a poison and vinigar the smell makes me sick so i would have never thought of that
i always use virkon which kills everything its a great disinfectant which the vet reconmended to use and it smells nice doesnt leave a horried after smell like some do

I know what you mean about the smell of vinegar, I put some into a garden sprayer bottle and I ended up smelling like I worked in a chip shop!:lol:

Maybe try rubbing a fresh lemon instead or orange let it soak in and then rinse with water soapy water and a scourer/nail brush, jet wash would be good as a follow up.

Ann has said she has cleaned it, I don't know why I was able to get that sort of marking off, maybe leaving the white vinegar to soak in for a while? Then using warm soapy water with a drop of bleach - but, I was able to remove all that staining from Jingle's hutch, I also added a drop of lemon juice to the warm water.:)

Thats a good method :)
I wonder if you managed to get the stains off of yours because they were just from one bun, whereas the ones on Anns hutch are from numerous buns so are probably stained alot more.
As long as it is clean and discinfected which it definatly is by the sounds of it Id say thats the most important thing :D

I know what you mean about the smell of vinegar, I put some into a garden sprayer bottle and I ended up smelling like I worked in a chip shop!:lol:

Maybe try rubbing a fresh lemon instead or orange let it soak in and then rinse with water soapy water and a scourer/nail brush, jet wash would be good as a follow up.

fresh lemon? hmmmm, would certainly smell better than viniger, does it have the same kind of disinfecting properties as viniger?

fresh lemon? hmmmm, would certainly smell better than viniger, does it have the same kind of disinfecting properties as viniger?

I'm not sure but, I have experimented with half a lemon on wood before to remove a tea stain aswell and it worked.

I only used a capful of bleach aswell but, if that's not an option maybe milton would be better, I don't rate any of the 'shop' bought cleaners personally, they are useful for disinfecting plastic I think but, not the wood.:)

Thats a good method :)
I wonder if you managed to get the stains off of yours because they were just from one bun, whereas the ones on Anns hutch are from numerous buns so are probably stained alot more.
As long as it is clean and discinfected which it definatly is by the sounds of it Id say thats the most important thing :D

Possibly and I agree with your last comment :)

Back