• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Bertie

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
So, I decided that I can't imagine being without rabbits, and decided to get Pebbles a friend. Rather than go down the route of an older rabbit, I went for a younger boy because then eventually it will be starting again with a new pair. She's 9.5 years old, and is very friendly with other rabbits so I think she will be easy to bond again. I emailed a lot of rescues, but then a trusted rabbit friend let me know of a little rabbit she and a friend had rescued from a horrible person/place. He's around one year old, not vaccinated or neutered as they were waiting to get him into a rescue.

So I went to meet him, and he's the sweetest little thing. He's a black Nethie, (or a nethie cross, I don't really know but he has a nethie face) and he's so little! He also has a couple of white flecks in the same place Jelly had, so that felt a bit like fate. He was quite nervous, but despite being frightened he crept in closer to me and was demanding some nose rubs. He's quite skittish, he really hated being picked up but I get the feeling he will be quite the little character once he comes out of his shell. He's being vaccinated this week with the combi vaccine, and then he's going to my best friends house while he waits for the RHVD2 vaccine etc. He doesn't really have a name, so I have decided to call him.....Bertie!

He's so lovely, lucky little bun has found his forever home. Hope the bonding goes well x

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to start another bunny journey with him, I'm really looking forward to having a young bunny, it's been a long time!

Aw, he's such a cutie! I love his name!

I've never had rabbits with "normal" names, (you can see from my signature haha), and I decided I wanted a human name, but a cute animal worthy one too, and as soon as I saw his photo, I knew he was a Bertie. Can't explain why, it just popped into my head and from that second I couldn't call him anything else.

He's very like Ruby - (look up Alaska rabbits...from Germany, black with white flecks in the coat). He looks so little and cuddly! It's so lovely that will have a good life now you've got him.

I've never had rabbits with "normal" names, (you can see from my signature haha), and I decided I wanted a human name, but a cute animal worthy one too, and as soon as I saw his photo, I knew he was a Bertie. Can't explain why, it just popped into my head and from that second I couldn't call him anything else.

Haha, I love human names for animals- it suits him so well too!

When we were looking on the Cats Protection website when we were looking for a feline we saw all the generic cat names...then there was Dave! :lol:

Back