• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Bambi :) aka, "Bunny" up the road. Now known as Leo! Pic Heavy!

I'm so pleased you managed to take him and give him the home he deserves! That tiny, dirty hutch was awful - you've really changed his life for the better :)

Please keep updating us on his progress and keep feeding us the pictures!!

Peaches recently had a very nasty case of mites and had a sore patch like that (she was stressed about some things) - we were definitely told NOT to shampoo in case it hurt the skin but to use the spot on mite treatment the vet gave us - in a bad case they would usually inject it I think.

PLEASE check about the shampoo with a very savvy vet.

Also tbh I would wait until he has a health all-clear before a VHD jab - that eye needs to clear up and will be challenging his immune system - so a VHD jab will also overload the immune system.

Well done to you and your bf for an amazing rescue job! I hope you are both EXTREMELY proud of yourselves for rescuing this 'little' lad and giving him love and a warm safe clean home. Lots of us looking forward to updates and pics :thumb:

Well done you for helping little Leo :D a quote springs to mind

You can't change the world by rescuing an animal but for that one animal you change the whole world :love:

Peaches recently had a very nasty case of mites and had a sore patch like that (she was stressed about some things) - we were definitely told NOT to shampoo in case it hurt the skin but to use the spot on mite treatment the vet gave us - in a bad case they would usually inject it I think.

PLEASE check about the shampoo with a very savvy vet.

Also tbh I would wait until he has a health all-clear before a VHD jab - that eye needs to clear up and will be challenging his immune system - so a VHD jab will also overload the immune system.

:shock: James is going to ring my vet in the morning to see if we can get an appointment then. It seems to just be on his back, along his spine and the larger area is looking very sore still. When he cleans himself he makes a noise like its hurting him :(
I hope they can just give us some spot on stuff. I hate Oakfields veterinary surgeries.. the 3 by us are literally only in for the money and they don't care, Poppy has the worst teeth and absesses ever but they just gave us eye drops for about £70 when she needed a dental (I didn't know anything about dentals then) Whereas riversmeet are great, cheap and know bunnies and piggies :)

I hope we can get him in to check because the instructions make no sense :roll:

After he has been with you a few weeks I would also consider a new myxi jab - in case he was given the old one whilst under stress or with a low immune system (or not done correctly).

The vaccine does not work as well in any of those conditions.

Well done to you and your bf for an amazing rescue job! I hope you are both EXTREMELY proud of yourselves for rescuing this 'little' lad and giving him love and a warm safe clean home. Lots of us looking forward to updates and pics :thumb:

It's a good job Leo seems to be a poser :lol: We love him :love: why they called him killer bunny I have no idea :roll:

Well done you for helping little Leo :D a quote springs to mind

You can't change the world by rescuing an animal but for that one animal you change the whole world :love:

I love this quote :love: and I hope we can for him :) after Christmas he gets a new hutch and run :D and the plum fairy will have visited :lol:

After he has been with you a few weeks I would also consider a new myxi jab - in case he was given the old one whilst under stress or with a low immune system (or not done correctly).

The vaccine does not work as well in any of those conditions.

That's why I wanted to take him to my vets, the previous owner had no idea what to ask for and he was transported there in a broken fabric carrier and handled with welding gloves as they are allergic :roll:

I'm so pleased you managed to take him and give him the home he deserves! That tiny, dirty hutch was awful - you've really changed his life for the better :)

Please keep updating us on his progress and keep feeding us the pictures!!

:thumb:

He is such a pretty little chap - so glad he has found his way to you. Hope his little ouchie bit is easily fixed -he'll probably come on leaps and bounds just being in a clean and loving environment :love:

I just love happy endings! (tears of joy) :)
Really though, it's a happy beginning for this bun, and for you. I've lurked these threads and hadn't been wanting to post till now, thank you so much for rescuing this sweet boy. I do hope those owies heal up quickly. ((((((((healing vibes))))))))))))

He's absolutely gorgeous and is so blessed now with you to love him.

That hutch cleaned up nicely. But I'm so glad to know that with you he won't be relegated to stay in one 24/7 and never feel the loving touch of human hands. I'm still scratching my head over the welding gloves. :( Allergies, my eye!
Welcome home, Leo, you 'killer-cute' bunny, you! :D

Just wanted to say that you are an amazing person for taking this lil guy in. What a lovely thing to do! :love:

He was very lucky to find you! xx

Aww Leo is so cute, congrats on your new arrival and im thrilled to bits for Leo that he has the home he deserves now! :love: What a cutie!!

where did you get the lino from? I need to lino our hutch too...

Aww Leo is so cute, congrats on your new arrival and im thrilled to bits for Leo that he has the home he deserves now! :love: What a cutie!!

where did you get the lino from? I need to lino our hutch too...

It was a random carpet shop in Nuneaton, about £13 for 10ft worth :) that was some of the left over from Donny's hutch :)

Back