• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Marble has EC - update 18/9

I honestly had to re read your post because I really wasnt expecting to read that! :(

Hopefully you can find another match for her, though they did seem perfect for eachother!:(

I know the feeling. I had sent Michelle a message at 10 to 9 wishing Barney luck etc and at 10:02 she messaged me to say he had gone :cry:

His character was perfect for her too :(

Well done for being such a fast acting rabbit owner.

I do hope you find another rabbit as lovely as Barney for Marble.

Hope M and D have forgiven you now!

I know the feeling. I had sent Michelle a message at 10 to 9 wishing Barney luck etc and at 10:02 she messaged me to say he had gone :cry:

His character was perfect for her too :(
Its honestly scary how quickly and unexpectedly you can lose them, I like to think I've got years left with my girls but you just never know :(

Well done for being such a fast acting rabbit owner.

I do hope you find another rabbit as lovely as Barney for Marble.

Hope M and D have forgiven you now!

I'm going to have a proper look for a husbun for her later.

I think im forgiven...they were soon back to their mischievous selves. I'm tidying the kitchen atm and I can hear them in the bedroom throwing something around :roll:

Just been for Marble's follow up appointment at the Vets. She's finished her 28 day course of Panacur (which turned into a 33 day course :lol: ), all of her symptoms have gone, she's not drinking as much, and not weeing as much, and she didn't present with further signs.
The vet is very pleased with her, and me! She said I must have been very quick at finding it as they never see rabbits before they present with more serious symptoms such as head tilt. She said Marble is in excellent condition, and is obviously very well looked after.

I'm so happy :D:D

So now we're on the hunt for a husbun again (poor Barney :( )!

Wonderful news for Marble xx
So sorry to read about Barney last night. Absolutely tragic :cry:

Wonderful news Tash :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
I'm so relieved. I did get worried as she was drinking lots still, but that was about 2 weeks ago. Now she's drinking a lot less...so proud of her :lol:
Wonderful news for Marble xx
So sorry to read about Barney last night. Absolutely tragic :cry:
I'm proud of her :lol:

I know, it's so sad, poor little guy :cry:

Fantastic news about Marble really glad she has responded so well to her treatment & that you spotted it so quickly :)

Is she enjoying living in the lounge with you?

Back