• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like I'll be having Honey PTS

awww im soo sorry, are there any famly members that could maybe help you out financially until you can pay them back in instalements maybe if your vets won;t allow you to pay this way?

Can you get a credit card?

I know where you are coming from - I had my 29 year old horse put to sleep last year after running up 4.5k vets bills - his was all age related, so he would never get better.

In treatment of abscesses - both my buns had to have an operation - Flint had one on his side & they had to cut away all the infected tissue - his abscess was tiny, the wound was not. Think it was about £120, but a few years ago. I would probably look around for vets - explain your situation & maybe they can offer credit terms? Took me a year to pay off my horse's vets bills - & tbh only did then cos my other horse needed his jabs.

Vets are running a business, but sometimes they can offer financial support - I couldn't have done mine without my horse vet - & my rabbit vet lets me hold an account

A friend of mine at work's bunny Fudge had an op on an absess on his face. They packed it with Manuka honey a couple of times a day, it healed brilliantly - the vet said he'd never known one do so well, and so far so good no recurrence :D

I can vouch for manuka honey being great for abscesses too. They really need to be opened up and the bulk of the pus removed first then packed with manuka on a daily basis xx

Back