• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looking for wifey bun :( Feeeling like giving up

No people suggested making it secure and then it would be fine?

Really you need to as i have said, choose a rescue, ask them about the size of run and if its Ok, secure it. :D

but for when the bun goes in when im not there it will be
how to I attach it so I can 'de attach' it?
All im asking for is how to rectify the problems you have raised

I have a Thistle Hall with a run for my two (Bought the run from P@H online a couple of weeks ago, as the local store didn't have any) - See pics below. We got some hooks and bolted them to the run (four of them), which then attach to the hutch. They also have bricks on top of the run,and extra bolts added to the removable section at the bottom end of the run. My two have this set up during the day while I'm at work, and come out for a play in the garden in the evening when I'm home from work. Do you have anyone who is a bit DIY savvy who could attach the run for you? I got my husband to do it, but anyone who's handy with a drill and screwdriver could do it :)

ThistleHall1.jpg

ThistleHall2.jpg

this is how i attached my run to the wendyhouse with a hook and eye - it was dead simple and i am not that good at DIY. the trick is to make sure its really tight when on so it cant be lifted off easily.

P1090149.jpg

this is how i attached my run to the wendyhouse with a hook and eye - it was dead simple and i am not that good at DIY. the trick is to make sure its really tight when on so it cant be lifted off easily.

P1090149.jpg

This is what we have done too.

love your run...did you make it? x

but for when the bun goes in when im not there it will be
how to I attach it so I can 'de attach' it?
All im asking for is how to rectify the problems you have raised

An easy solution would be to remove the doors of the lower half of the hutch, and attach the run to it using a strong metal screw hook and eye on both sides and in two positions on the top. You would have to fill in the gap at the top though, perhaps with wood . Then buy a folding run that you can move around on the grass. That's what I did with my 5x3 double storey hutch, and as soon as photobucket's stopped mucking:)evil:) around I'll post a piccy.
:

I've only just seen Vikkivet's pic..that's exactly what I've done!:lol: Except I've hooks top and bottom and the eye part has to be manually turned before the hook can be unlatched.

Last edited:
the hook and eye seems a good idea
What I am hoping to do iseither - buy a new run - if I can sell mine or fix mine so there is no gap.
Just sad that I measured everything for the maker - and its wrong :(

You can fix yours! All you need to do is fasten it to the front of the hutch securely and block up any gaps above the door and at the front with either some wood or some more mesh!€

Yeah but using eye and hook would be awkward becuase tghe is about 2 inch over hang of the run to the hutch so would have to get some wood attached to the hutch. Then get some wood or nesh to block gap where door is - but make it so this can come off if I use the run elsewhere.
My cousin needs a run - so im hoping she'll buy mine.

£250 for a 6ftx2x2 hutch and 6ftx4ft run?
BARGAIN!

I would say that was quite good as well. I have been looking around for a new hutch for when I bond all 4 of my rabbits together (but am looking into little sheds now!) and I have been quote not much less than that for just the hutch!

P1090149.jpg

I love that little shed! That is what I am trying to convince hubby we need when (hopefully) all four of my bun's are living together! Do you mind me asking how big it is and where you got it from? Thanks!

Back