• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looking for new housing...

Rhi_Rhi2

Young Bun
Im currently without a bunny :( after my poor wee guy passed away under anesthetic yesterday:( .. i didn't know what to do as i had only had him a few weeks, and didn't know if i wanted to take on another bunny .. im now terrified of getting one as it will mean the chance of loosing one to going under anesthetic (neutering etc) .... anyways.. i decided eventually i will get some new bunnies .. and in the mean time i will just look at setting up for them :) ... i am new to it all tho and Bugs was a house bunny so not really sure what im looking for .. but i wanted peoples opinions on this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COCOON-CHICKE...7321?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry#ht_6473wt_949

I keep seeing people selling them and saying that they are also suitable for rabbits ... and cats (would love to see someone try to lock my cats in there tho haha!!:evil:)

opinions ? x

I'd just be aware that if it rains the buns will only have the space in the house part so just make sure that bit is pretty large.

Have you thought about a rescue bun (or buns ;))? The neutering will likely have already been done so you'll not have to worry about it.

thanks it does look good .. im just not sure about the inside ... and how does light get into the top half(ova then the tiny window:S) ... i could always modify it ....

also i think there is room under the inside bit to build downways ... as to create two floors ..... (if that makes sense :roll:) my partner is a computer programmer for a timber company so the wood would cost next to nothing... he said he would make one .. but im still waiting for him to hang the shower curtain .... (hes not the handiest fella in the world lol ) :roll: x

I don't think the hutch part is big enough. These types of hutches are very popular but I don't think they are very suitable. The run part isn't as big as it should be. The hutch part has all these flaps and lids and levels and it's not very big.

I would go for a more standard hutch at least 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and a run of at lest 6ft x 6ft. If space is tight you can get a hutch that sits on top of the run.

Back