• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long Stay Bunnies

I've done a few updated to GPR - fixed the layout, edited the search to only show gp's added/updated in the last 4 months. I might switch that to three to match RR when I've sorted out the auto updates. Fixed up the admin area a bit for them too.

I'd like to set up the events/appeal so rescues can add them directlky which should help keep both sites more up to date.

Tam

I say leave the months on as some of the rabbits get knocked off then realisted months later so many have been there years and not months :wink: is it worth having a seperate email address to yourself Tam for rescues who have done this. Not having much time as a rescue they probably do not realise that they have been un-listed so when they relist we only see the list date and the up-date date :wink:

The Peggy Henderson rescue have buns still there that where listed last year still, god only knows how long they have been there for :( :( :(

Denny said:
I say leave the months on as some of the rabbits get knocked off then realisted months later so many have been there years and not months :wink: is it worth having a seperate email address to yourself Tam for rescues who have done this. Not having much time as a rescue they probably do not realise that they have been un-listed so when they relist we only see the list date and the up-date date :wink:

The Peggy Henderson rescue have buns still there that where listed last year still, god only knows how long they have been there for :( :( :(

Same with Holly & Arthur at BARC. They are on as been at Rescue 9 months - but in reality it's 2 years - & I saw them & they are SO pretty.

Angie65 said:
Denny said:

Same with Holly & Arthur at BARC. They are on as been at Rescue 9 months - but in reality it's 2 years - & I saw them & they are SO pretty.

awwww, this is such a shame :( :( there are many that have been in rescue for years which is heart breaking :( :( :(

Tamsin, would it be better if the longtermers never got knocked off after so long? considering there are not many listed really, a volunteer could perhaps email the rescue every few months to see if they have been rehomed or not, this way the original listing date would remain and folk would see how long they truely have been in rescue :wink:

Denny said:
Angie65 said:
Denny said:

awwww, this is such a shame :( :( there are many that have been in rescue for years which is heart breaking :( :( :(
:

I'd have Holly & Arthur in a second if I had anywhere to put them. :(

Angie65 said:
Denny said:
Angie65 said:
Denny said:

:

I'd have Holly & Arthur in a second if I had anywhere to put them. :(

have you thought about a loft extension :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denny said:
Tamsin, would it be better if the longtermers never got knocked off after so long? considering there are not many listed really, a volunteer could perhaps email the rescue every few months to see if they have been rehomed or not, this way the original listing date would remain and folk would see how long they truely have been in rescue :wink:

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean :)

The search results only display rabbits added/updated in the last 3 months BUT rabbits are not removed from the rescues/individuals account. All they have to do is update them (basically select 'this rabbit is still available') and they'll go back in the search results with the orginal added date and a new updated date. I already email every few months to remind people they need to update the rabbits to keep the listing displayed. I don't think asking them to update every three months is too much work.

If I just left left them displayed on the site if they hadn't been updated they'd end up looking like they were out of date which would reduce the number of enquiries anyway. If people see an ad that's not been updated for 6 months they'll just assume the rabbits been rehomed.

Tamsin

I must stop looking at these! I found this lovely little girl, who I desperately want, but I don't have room for another (and she's a loooong way away). It's heartbreaking to see so many gorgeous little bunnies needing new homes.

Back