• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted: Lonely 3yr old buck

Carly02

New Kit
Hi Everyone,

I have a 3 year old black buck (neutered), who lost his mate last year and I would like to find a lovely lady to keep him company. I can see there are 100's of lovely bunnies on here, the problem I have is, he has snuffles. He gets along ok and is seen regularly by his vet, but obviously I don't want to risk him infecting a healthy bunny. My vet has said the only option I have is to pair him with a bunny with the same condition.

So my question is does anyone know of a single female with snuffles who is need of a home?

Thanks in advance :)

Carly

Hi Everyone,

I have a 3 year old black buck (neutered), who lost his mate last year and I would like to find a lovely lady to keep him company. I can see there are 100's of lovely bunnies on here, the problem I have is, he has snuffles. He gets along ok and is seen regularly by his vet, but obviously I don't want to risk him infecting a healthy bunny. My vet has said the only option I have is to pair him with a bunny with the same condition.

So my question is does anyone know of a single female with snuffles who is need of a home?

Carly

Welcome to RU Carly :wave: I really hope you get a lovely wifey bun for your boy. I actually think Snuffles isn't that easy to pass on, I had a wee bun who suffered with this all her life & never passed it on to her bonded sister nor to her next bunny mate. I'd be tempted to call local rescues & see what their take is on it ;)

Hi Everyone,

Carly

Welcome Carly :wave:

I agree with JB - have a word with Rescue Centres and see what they come up with for you. I've had snuffles buns living alongside healthy buns and there's been no transference of illness - all depends on genes/immune system etc.

There is hope :D

I also had a snuffle bun who never passed it on to her friends. Definitely call your local rescues and ask what their policy is. Good luck.

Back