• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local foraging groups ?updated walk on page 4

We haven't been formed long and with summer holidays etc have met infrequently over the summer months, but I'm hoping if we get some more members it will be a regular meetup

I got so caught up in asking gardening questions I forgot about this! Is there somewhere central everyone could get to?

Yes never got the chance to talk about it really ,and a couple of people didn't show today who had expressed an interest.
I will have to have a think about where to meet, unless you have any ideas?

I'm only 20 mins from Peterborough so that works well for me although Google tells me Irchester country park in Northants is only 20 miles if that's better for the Leics/Northants people? There seems to be quite a few woodland and parks in Northants, I don't know the area at all really so not sure where is good to go

I'm Northants but it only took me just over half an hour to get to Twigs today so that works for me, and some of the others that expressed an interest were mostly Cambs / Northants and Orangediva was the only one from Leicestershire .

So my mad plan has come together......

Our first foraging walk is taking place on the 4th Oct at 11am.
Twig has very kindly offered to let us meet at her place and she will lead an informal walk,helping us to identify some forage.
If anyone else is interested in joining us please let me know as it would be great to see some fellow foragers.

I've also set up a Facebook group called " Foraging and gardening for rabbits " and this has really taken off so maybe I'm not as crazy as I first thought I was lol x
Lovely to see so many other people interested in feeding a more natural food for their bunnies .

That's a lovely idea, foraging sounds great but I really wouldn't have a clue where to start. Going with people who know what they're looking for and having some rabbity chat on the way sounds fab (sadly I'm too far away to join your walk!). Hope you all enjoy :D

Parsnipbun, does your neighbour still have hay bales for sale? If so I'd like one when we come up on 4th please

Back