• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little advice please?

spinecho

Warren Scout
So, Cuddles is now 30 days post snip and so thoughts have turned to re-bonding him and Clover.
Before he was neutered, they lived happily (don't worry, they were separated before the urges started!!!!)
Clover is approx 7 months and unspayed. We were advised by vet to leave her until New Year as she is small, even for a mini-lop, so were waiting for her to get a bit larger [emoji6]

They are outdoor bunnies and so I've placed them in a large run on the lawn with only food and water so it's neutral ground.

They've sniffed, ignored and chased each other so far! No fighting [emoji2]

They have now settled in a corner and are cuddling up to each other.
Clover has groomed Cuddles a bit and she runs up to Cuddles with her head bent so he can groom her.

The only evidence of mounting is Cuddles has mounted Clover's head a couple of times; guess this is a dominance thing.

They've been in run now for approx 4 hours.
During this time I have completely cleaned out their hutches and runs. I've made everything as smell-neutral as I can...I've used so much White vinegar I'll be smelling it for weeks[emoji14] [emoji14]
I've joined the runs together with some ducting so they can run from one hutch/run to other!

Now...finally the questions!

As they've been in run for a day now without problems, would it be ok to put them in the shared hutches/runs tonight?

If Cuddles does get amorous with Clover and starts to mount/hump her "properly" as it's been 30 days, is this ok? Should I separate if he does this?
Is there a chance of pregnancy?

If they do fight, shall I separate hutches and try again next day or let them settle differences as long as no bloodshed?

Many thanks.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry no-one's answered and I have been busy but you have probably done it anyway but I would have said go ahead as they sound happy together :thumb:

Thanks! Yeah I bit the bullet and put them together in the hutches.
They were cuddled up in one corner when I last checked![emoji7]

Still a bit concerned if he starts to mount, but I can't watch them 24/7...in guessing we've left it long enough post neuter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tonibun.
Just checked again... cuddled up together!!! Think I woke them up as they were stretching and yawning!!! [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my E380 using Tapatalk

Clover (white and caramel) with her husbun Cuddles!!!

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Back