• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly 02/10/06 - 20/03/10

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
I am so so sorry Lilly.
We found you this morning. Gone.
It was bloat. You must have passed in so much pain. I feel so sick that I wasn't there. that I didnt help you.
I won't ever forgive myself. You were fine yesterday morning and I should have fed you last night but I was feeling so low so Ben fed you all instead.
He said you were all eating. That you ran for your veggies as usual.
But what if I might have noticed something?
How can it have happened and killed you and me not notice anything?
I am so so sorry Lilly.
I hope you are pain free at The Bridge now my darling. Holly will miss you so much.
You were such a steady, kind, content bunny. Never any trouble. Never ill. I really dont think you were ever ill. I am so ashamed.
We will miss you dearest Lilly.

spring2009009-1.jpg

Lilly (right at the back) Holly, Daisy and Boots.

Arr I am not experienced with rabbits yet ( Sparkle being my first ), but I have had many pets over the years and if your pet showed no signs of illness you can not blame yourself. Please don't feel bad I am sure she would not blame you. Big (((((hugs)))))

Faye I am so sorry :cry:
Bloat really can kill within a few hours. So even if you had seen her last night she may well have been eating and acting 100% normal. Short of sitting next to our Buns 24/7 there is sometimes nothing more we can do.

Binky Free Lilly xx

So sorry for your loss :( Please dont blame yourself, bloat can take our buns so fast and without much warning. Im sure you are a fantastic bunny bum, she and your other lovely buns look so happy on ur pic.
Take some comfort in ur other furry friends, they must be feeling her loss too so lots of extra love for them.
I know how horrific it is to lose a loved bun so suddenly. The only positive spin on it is that atleast she didnt die of a horrible illness or something that she was suffering from for a long time.
Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:cry: :cry: i'm so sorry... as hard as it is, please try not to blame yourself. i know for me, when something like that happens to one of my buns, in the first instance, i will always feel i could of done more... i'm not sure if that will ever change. but as time passes, it will start to get easier. rest in peace Lilly x

Thank you for your kind words.
Holly, Daisy and Boots have been out on the grass enjoying the sun today and they all seem ok. I was worried for Holly as her bond with Daisy wasn't very strong, she seemed to rely on Lilly alot but I have seen them all huggled up today and she was eating grass squished up side by side with Boots :love: so i am relieved.
I just feel so sick when I think on it. I just wish i'd checked myself that eve so I had that peace of mind. Poor Lilly :cry:

Back