• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking me?

Mae

Young Bun
Hello~

I was cuddling Dandelion today and she started licking me! It wasn't just a few licks though, it went on for about 5 minutes!
At first I thought she might be thirsty so I put her back in her run and she just hopped over to Pipkin but I put my hand in the run and she hopped back over so I picked her back up and she started to lick me again!

I've read that licking is a sign of affection? But I've only had her 1 week! I literally picked them both up last Thursday, does she love me already?

When I come into my bedroom they both excitedly hop to the edge of the run and if I put my hand in they both lean up to sniff it and little nose-bumps. They both love cuddles too, so does she love me already?

she certainly does love you already! Boo was very easy with her affections too. my other bunnies have taken their time to love me & still nowhere near as demonstrative

Some rabbits are very licky, and some never seem to groom humans. They have such different personalities!

It's taken Nemesis 4 weeks to decide I'm worthy of grooming, but I think it might be a while before Meeple does that (if he ever will).

My Forest Bun licks and grooms me.
Sometimes, I think it's to say 'hi' or 'thanks, I love you' , he also does it when I'm cleaning out and re-fitting their nest area.. ( Ooo, I have to be careful there )
He grooms me with a little nip if I'm not doing it quite to his liking... Then when 'Miss Ferni' Bun comes in to arrange the nest for herself, he just sits nearby and waits for it to be ready.. he loves us both.. he ADORES his Ferni XXXXX

Aww thank you all very much for your help (and adorable stories :3) I'm glad that she loves me (although now I have another problem! she keeps jumping out of the run and the lid doesn't fit and just falls in so I don't know what to do haha)

Back