• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Libby & Duke's Lifetime of Adventures - UD post 53 Pg 6 31/12/2010

Duke :shock: uh-O mums home - she got a scarewea yell :shock: im gonna twy and be good... just cant help meswelf sumtimes...

1132516041_PBBZB-M-2.jpg

libby doing a great death pose - seriously she is SO lovely :) she properly closes her eyes, duke tends to keep them half open but not libby :)

1132515999_2hmZo-M-1.jpg

Duke see i said id twy and be good... i went and gave libby a cuwuddle and a headwashey

1132748714_RSkiE-M.jpg

Me Yes you did Duke and it was very cute but somewhat ruined by the last 10 minutes of chasing and trying to bite her on the side of her back leg....

EDIT - Libby is starting to get a bit twitchy sometimes when he goes near her, hopping away even if he isnt going to do anything

Last edited:
Well it's so weird isn't it, because it so clear how lovely they are together but then he keeps doing his bothering her bit. I think he must want so much more attention that she is giving him.

I hope you aren't set for another night of sofa sleeping.

i think shes fed up of him now!

they arent grooming each other quite as much as i would have expected them to - havent done naana all day to see if they would do it by themselves but they seem a bit slow on the uptake - maybe ill do a bit now.... good idea?

we/one of us will stay up with them again, maybe we are being too cautious or protective i dont know, but with duke we dont want to take any chances and for the sake of a bit of self indulgent bed sleep we would feel AWFUL if anything happened.

ive sprinkled some readigrass and cammomile hay in, libby is just stretched out with her back to him and duke is grazing around, hopefully the cammomile will knock him out!

are you sure you wouldnt like to have him back?! please?! :lol:

i think shes fed up of him now!

they arent grooming each other quite as much as i would have expected them to - havent done naana all day to see if they would do it by themselves but they seem a bit slow on the uptake - maybe ill do a bit now.... good idea?

we/one of us will stay up with them again, maybe we are being too cautious or protective i dont know, but with duke we dont want to take any chances and for the sake of a bit of self indulgent bed sleep we would feel AWFUL if anything happened.

ive sprinkled some readigrass and cammomile hay in, libby is just stretched out with her back to him and duke is grazing around, hopefully the cammomile will knock him out!

are you sure you wouldnt like to have him back?! please?! :lol:

I tell you what, if you feel that it's not improving in a day or so then yes, they maybe could come back for a while to give you a break.

Keep me posted.

ill keep libby - you can have duke! ;) :lol:

thankyou helen ill stay in touch with you

no sooner had I posted then the did this:

1132780180_s3Kun-M-2.jpg

followed by libby grooming duke for a couple of minutes maybe and what does he do? literally as soon as she stopped he chased her :roll:

she hid in the corner and did look a bit apprehensive, ive used naana and dukes given her a good groom but she point blank refuses, hes nudged her but its not happening. any tips you can suggest to get her to be a bit more affectionate? (shes not doing that bad really but its maybe as you said not enough for duke?) if you do have anything email me if you want :)

She did all the grooming in the beginning as he kept on demanding it, so I wonder if she's just fed up with the chasing. I do have pairs here where only one grooms and the other always receives and it does work, but maybe he needs more. Can't say I can think of anything other than time for it to develop. In fact when I bonded Netty and Cookie, they didn't groom at all for about 2-3 weeks and I wondered if I had made a mistake and that they would only ever be friends and not husbun and wife. Then all of a sudden it all changed. I think that sometimes it just has to grow over time.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

(you waited around a bit too then ;) I was desperate to upload the piccie coz he flipped the box onto libbys back just the same as he did with the toilet roll when they were with you!)

i think leigh and i are a bit worried she may get so fed up of it that she will go off him... like you say i guess time will tell

on the upside there has been no mounting since reducing the space on saturday morning just pretty aggresive fast chasing - whether it would descend into topping and tailing i dont know, leigh and i are breaking it up every time.

EDIT: same thing - she has groomed him and hops away and he chased her. if she hops past where he is sitting he seems to go for the chase. could we reduce the NIC cubes even further to 2x1? it seems so small but.....??

Last edited:
It's just so difficult to judge whats happening without seeing it, but provided it doesn't descend into locking on to each others behinds, then it still would appear to be perfectly normal behavior. One pair I bonded (Binky and Daisy) took a very long time to bond completely as both were complete strop boxes. They went home quite happily but ended up coming back for a while and then went home again and are now as happy as Larry, but like you two, their parents did spend quite some time helping it work out. We all almost gave up on them to be honest, but we didn't and they are so happy now.

It's only a week since they met so I think it's still very early for them to be rock solid. Don't worry if it takes a minor step back but if you really feel that it's going horribly wrong, then give me a call and we can talk about it.

Am around for most of the next three days.

thankyou helen

just edited the above post too

and weve now put them in their carry box

its just mentally exhausting! the emotional pulls are so strong /sigh

am confident things will work because they have moments of brilliance its just going to take far more time than we imagined!

we left them in their box for just under an hour, quite a long time but unsurprisingly it took duke a while to settle :roll:

they went back in their pen at about 1am, bit of a scuffle at about 2am and then nothing (tho im sure i woke up sometime around 4.30/5 but i cant really remember it) so a slight improvement.

he has been chasing her around again this morning - which he has done every day so far, its evening night and morning - so put them back in their carry box.

tonight they are going for a drive as the roads should be a bit safer.

libby is definitely apprehensive around duke expecting him to chase her now so i dont think that is helping as she wont go over to him for a snuggle, so far he keeps going to her for a snuggle. just need to break the cycle somehow.

love is in the air...... tra la la la la de dah

put a little barry white on in the background guys :D :lol:

1133765128_fx3Rq-M.jpg

1133765339_bJutw-M-1.jpg

1133765075_8sxwa-M-2.jpg

Excellent. Maybe try and let them get on with it for a while and see what happens. If he does start to do a bit of humping, maybe let it go and see what happens - he may stop himself. Only intervene if it looks like bad news.

It was a full moon last night and believe it or not, this really does seem to affect bunnies, not just at bonding time but bonded pairs of long standing too. Let's face it, historically people do their planting by moon phases and it's working with nature and I've no doubt that it affects animals just the same.

Keep up the good work!

working together on a toilet roll :D

1136114564_x8iWc-M-1.jpg

and just some of their christmas presents (duke was too excited to sit still for a photo!)

1136110169_W8Jk6-M.jpg

Back