• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Le-anne's 6 UPDATE WITH SHORT VID CLIP

Looks good! And @ the mess, my spare room is just the same!

I'm just in the middle of bonding Barney to my 3 and there is ALOT of chasing going on. 2 sleepless nights so far and Mavis is still being a bully to Barney. There's been alot of grooming going on so it's not a complete right-off just yet, fingers crossed!

Just hearing other people talk of their experience of bonding rabbits makes me think you can just never, ever predict how they are going to react to how long its going to take. Everyone's stories are all so different!!! :shock:

Glad it all went smoothly. :D
Lea-Anne, can I ask how many does and bucks are in your new bonded group? I have a 2 does pair, 2 buck pair and a single buck all neutered and speyed. I'm thinking of bonding them but am very nervous about the prospect! :shock: Any tips?! :D

I have 3 of each. I had done it the usual way of bonding a male and female combination.

Liq (f) with Dex (m)
Frags (f) with Monty (m)
Inca (f) and Jester )m)

I thought the biggest problem would be the males but it actually wasn't! The females seem to be more dominant!

I would think your group would be fine. I found today that they mixed and changed friends (not necessarily going after the opposite sex) and did not as I had feared have their partner "stolen away" and be single hehe but I don't think it works like that for rabbits. I think they can have lots of different friendships. ;)

I was extremely nervous about bonding mine but to be truthful you really can't predict how they are going to react until you take the plunge.

Make sure territory is neutral (take them to a friends house if necessary, like I did!) and work in the same kind of space I did (think it was 8 x 5). Have a spray bottle and gloves at the ready as it makes you feel more confident if you need to quickly stop a fight.

Hi fairy! The run was only 8x4, but I think leanne would agree with me when I reckon my smaller 6x4 would have been fine as well. I've managed at last to get one of the video clips up. Excuse the "soundtrack" We had radio 2 on..There goes leanne's street cred!!!!:lol:

Hehe actually it was very soothing for me and the buns!!! Maybe that is the secret to our super fast sucessful bonding?! Just add radio 2 to the equation people! :D :lol:

Hiya! Sorry my keyboard went up the creek yesterday! :roll: Can't believe how chilled they all are! I hope mine goes as smoothly. We were gonna put them into a new shed/run set up so as its not been lived in before could I do the bonding in there and then they stay there? Do you know what I mean?! I'll def have radio 2 on when I try it!! :lol: Gotta set up the shed etc first, I'm not looking forward to the attempted bonding. :? I've only done two pairs before which did go smoothly but I'm nervous about the prospect of 3 bucks and 2 does! They are all related but I'm not sure they'll remember that! :lol:

Awwwww what great vid clips!!!! I love your bunnies Lea-anne!! It was really relaxing for me just watching them chilling out!!! Had to go give mine a cuddle after!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankyou BinkyBun. I was enjoying reading your thread too and very disappointed for you when you had to seperate your posse.
It was very relaxing watching them. They were very chilled but I must stress I really do think what happened to me was the hugggest exception ! :lol:

Fairy - I think your idea of bonding in the shed would be fine. Nicer for you if the weather suddenly turns!!! ;)

Frags and Inca are sisters and lived together with their previous owner then at the rescue but I seperated them with boyfriends when I took them on. They were 9months old. However weirdly Inca was the last to be excepted by Frags so no I don't think they remember each other or maybe they know they are of the same age/status so competition!?

Back