• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia's Sore Hocks-Updated 11th August 2009-Post 53

Today I left Lydia's bandages off for a few hours. Unfortunately she had a very slight bleed from one hock, but no-where near as bad as previous bleeds.
As you can see from these pics there is quite a bit of fur regrowth now. Something that has not occured for over a year.

005-20.jpg

006-21.jpg

There is still a long way to go but at least now we seem to be moving in the right direction.

Those results are fantastic...I'm really impressed :D

For the £3.98 the Savlon Advanced Gel cost I am gob-smacked !!

I had tried Flamazine, Surgical Manuka Honey impregnated dressings (cost over £40 :shock:), Sudocrem, Anusol (dont ask !! :lol:) along with systemic abx and Metacam but absolutely nothing appeared to help. Then I stumbled upon the Savlon Advanced Gel :D

Jane, I'm utterly astounded! It's the fur regrowth which is so impressive (what is really needed,) & at such speed! I'm very hopeful & excited that you're really onto something here. Lovely Lady Lydia & Sir Victor must be so happy too.

Everything crossed for you both, I'm even beginning to hope for a complete "cure".

Jane, I'm utterly astounded! It's the fur regrowth which is so impressive (what is really needed,) & at such speed! I'm very hopeful & excited that you're really onto something here. Lovely Lady Lydia & Sir Victor must be so happy too.

Everything crossed for you both, I'm even beginning to hope for a complete "cure".

I told my Ex to rub some of the gel on his head..........he's as bald as a coot you see :lol:

Wow the difference is amazing in such a short space of time.I cant believe how quickly Lady Lydias fur has grown back

I thought I'd post a quick update about Lyd's hocks.
I am able to leave the dressings off for several hours now. I want the skin to toughen up as I dubt she'll ever ger full fur regrowth.

This was taken on 11th June
007-13.jpg

and these were taken today

002-25.jpg

001-16.jpg

I am now using a combination of both Flamazine and Savlon Advanced Gel
There is still a long way to go but at least her hocks are no longer ulcerating and bleeding.

Jane, that is utterly amazing :D:D:D:D I can't get over the speed of fur regrowth, let alone completely healthy skin. I think you've really found something there.

*bounces and blinkys* for Lady Lydia :)

I used to use savlon and sudacream for Flopsy's sore hocks and they usually healed comletely in about 2 weeks...:D

Btw :love::love: the photos and her ear is amazing....Princess Peach is upset that Lady Lydia's ear has upstaged her own lol

I thought some of you may like to see the progress, albeit VERY slow

On the 11th June 2009

007-13.jpg

On the 16th June 2009

005-20.jpg

006-21.jpg

Today, the 11th August 2009
006-40.jpg

009-24.jpg

Im so glad Lydia has such a caring loving mummy who has put the time,effort and love into getting her poorly feet better and giving her a lovely quality of life.

i must have missed this when it first happened, i think i was still at uni. Shes so brave, and youre doing such a great job!

Peanut sends a wave to Lydia! ;)

hehehe

Oh no, you can definitely tell Jane, they look heaps better :D Bless her, she's so brave, I stubbed my toe yesterday and I'm still whinging about it!

Back