• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia- Fighting a Losing Battle :-(

I am so so sorry... but if she is truly in pain and depressed and there is no obvious remedy, please let her go.

I have never knowingly let any of my animals continue in pain where they cannot be healed. I well know that it is a horrible decision to have to make but we have to make sure we put the animal before our pain.

I really feel for you.

Excuse me

how DARE you suggest i would allow her to suffer

you dont know me, my vets or how much treatment she is on

:evil:

I responded to what you said. You said that her pain is not being controlled with the highest dose of Metacam. That's all I can go on.

I responded to what you said. You said that her pain is not being controlled with the highest dose of Metacam. That's all I can go on.

I wont be told to have ANY of my Rabbits PTS by ANYONE but my Vet. Certainly not someone making a judgement online.

Jane is one of our most experienced bunny owners, especially in terms of health issues. I am sure that if or when Lady Lydia needs help to the bridge she will get it without delay. However every possible avenue for recovery will be exhausted first.

I am so sorry you are going through this with Lady Lydia. She is in the BEST hands possible with you.

I hope she starts to wear her dressings. She is beautiful.

Vibes to both of you xxx

Oh poor girl, that does look sore :cry: I hope you can find a way to keep her comfortable. Sending lots of vibes for Lady Lydia xx

Hi Jane, am sure you are doing absolutely everything possible so you have probably tried complementary options in conjunction with the medical options.
However my immediate thoughts were - Flower Remedies (Bach etc) & therapeutic herbs as well as all you are doing.
Thinking of you & your beautiful girl.

Sending vibes for Lady Lydia :love: and hugs for you. I'm sure you and she will find the right ciurse of action between you.

Jane has so much experience with bunnies health especially rex bunnies. I would not ever imagine her to keep a bunny going in pain for her own ends.

I had the pleasure to meet Jane's vet, Cristobel, today and I can confirm that she is wonderful bunny savvy vet. She also would never advocate keeping a bunny going when its time to let them go.

The decision is Jane and her vet's not anyone online who has never even met the rabbit or owner or vet for that matter. Its good to always share opinions and experience and just emotional support when needed, but there is way of saying things in a kind way. Lets be kind to eachother.

Jane has so much experience with bunnies health especially rex bunnies. I would not ever imagine her to keep a bunny going in pain for her own ends.

I had the pleasure to meet Jane's vet, Cristobel, today and I can confirm that she is wonderful bunny savvy vet. She also would never advocate keeping a bunny going when its time to let them go.

The decision is Jane and her vet's not anyone online who has never even met the rabbit or owner or vet for that matter. Its good to always share opinions and experience and just emotional support when needed, but there is way of saying things in a kind way. Lets be kind to eachother.

Thank you Romy xx

Aww poor Lady Lydia. I know about sore hocks, as of course you do Jane, and only you know when its time to let go. Her hocks do look very similar to Molly's however Molly has had them in this condition for ages (and she's actually going through a good stage right now, and the way they are now is what I would call a "good state" of sore hocks) and doesn't seem to suffer at all, but all rabbits are different.

Vibes to you and Lady Lydia. I'll probably have to make a similar decision in the future. :cry:

Back