• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just saw a flea on Bo!

Hope you get the fleas under control quickly and don't spot any more and good luck for your vet trip re vaccines :) I don't think you should be worried about side effects, you may have seen a fair few posts on here about rabbits sadly suffering side effects from the vaccines but think of all the bunnies that are absolutely fine after their vaccine, people just don't post about it as nothing has happened so you're more likely to read about bad things, not all the many bunnies that are fine!

The shed and run sound a lovely idea but is there any way you could put them in your back garden? Just thinking I would be scared to leave my rabbits out in a run in my front garden.

No way possible :( My back garden isn't that much bigger than the front but its all concrete steps. I hate my back yard it is terrible, I hate it. It would cost such a lot of money to do it, which i don't have. Also the light out back is terrible. I would love to set my back yard up for them but don't think i could afford that this year. xx

Last edited:
Hope you get the fleas under control quickly and don't spot any more and good luck for your vet trip re vaccines :) I don't think you should be worried about side effects, you may have seen a fair few posts on here about rabbits sadly suffering side effects from the vaccines but think of all the bunnies that are absolutely fine after their vaccine, people just don't post about it as nothing has happened so you're more likely to read about bad things, not all the many bunnies that are fine!

Thank you and that is very true :love: xx

No way possible :( My back garden isn't that much bigger than the front but its all concrete steps. I hate my back yard it is terrible, I hate it. It would cost such a lot of money to do it, which i don't have. Also the light out back is terrible. I would love to set my back yard up for them but don't think i could afford that this year. xx

I understand - any sort of work in the garden is just horrendously expensive. I'm sure you wouldn't consider putting them somewhere that wasn't safe.

I understand - any sort of work in the garden is just horrendously expensive. I'm sure you wouldn't consider putting them somewhere that wasn't safe.

They would be absolutely fine outside, I would make sure they were safe. I would be home just after 4ish but I leave 6 am in the morning. We live on quite a quiet estate. It would never be as safe as the back but I can't do the back this year. They would be back inside for their evening meal and night time and back out in the morning before I leave. Luckily we don't have any foxes around here. My son will probably be at home for most of the day and he can always padlock up if he is off out. I also share my front with a neighbour and she is pretty good at being the neighbour hood watch :lol: xx

They would be absolutely fine outside, I would make sure they were safe. I would be home just after 4ish but I leave 6 am in the morning. We live on quite a quiet estate. It would never be as safe as the back but I can't do the back this year. They would be back inside for their evening meal and night time and back out in the morning before I leave. Luckily we don't have any foxes around here. My son will probably be at home for most of the day and he can always padlock up if he is off out. I also share my front with a neighbour and she is pretty good at being the neighbour hood watch :lol: xx

Would they be indoors all the time once the cold weather returns ? Rabbits dont cope well with vast changes in temperature and in the winter they would get too cold outdoors if they were indoors overnight. Unless they were in an unheated conservatory or something similar.

Would they be indoors all the time once the cold weather returns ? Rabbits dont cope well with vast changes in temperature and in the winter they would get too cold outdoors if they were indoors overnight. Unless they were in an unheated conservatory or something similar.

I am not putting them outside because I don't want them indoors, its more of a case of their daily space and enrichment. It gets extremely cold here in Cornwall from about November onwards not to mention the horrible fire works. We normally have an Indian summer here in September through till the end of October. I just think it would be really good for them and it would ease my life a little. I am just as happy to have them indoors, I just think it would be a great situation to have. xx

As Jane said, rabbits don't cope well with different temperatures so they would be fine outdoors with a warm shed and plenty of bedding. Or you could keep them indoors. What they can't tolerate is going from spending the night indoors to then going outdoors during the day, and vice versa. So from October - April it should be one or the other.

As Jane said, rabbits don't cope well with different temperatures so they would be fine outdoors with a warm shed and plenty of bedding. Or you could keep them indoors. What they can't tolerate is going from spending the night indoors to then going outdoors during the day, and vice versa. So from October - April it should be one or the other.

^^^^^^^^^^^
That's what I was trying to say

I know how much you love your buns, and am quite sure you will always look after them 5* :D

They are very lucky to have landed with you!

^^^^^^^^^^^
That's what I was trying to say

Thank you, will be very careful about the temperature changes. It might be that i might change my mind after what you have said and put my money to good use with some of the indoor set ups i have seen. I was just worried about them being penned in for the day whilst at uni.

xx

I know how much you love your buns, and am quite sure you will always look after them 5* :D

They are very lucky to have landed with you!

Thank you :love: Somebody has very kindly helped me out with some treatment for the Buns from this forum :love: .Such a kind generous offer of help. Thank you all for your advice. I really do take it on board and I believe I am a better Rabbit owner from being on this site. If i don't ask or suggest things on here then I will never learn or get the appropriate advice.
JJ has always been very supportive with fantastic advice and I do listen and take it on board, so thank you very much for that JJ and thank you to MM too. xx

Last edited:
Not sure if you've used the stuff from the pet shop recently but if you have, I think I have read somewhere that you should wait a while before using the advantage flea treatment. I'm not completely 100% about this but am sure someone on here will be able to advise you :)

Not sure if you've used the stuff from the pet shop recently but if you have, I think I have read somewhere that you should wait a while before using the advantage flea treatment. I'm not completely 100% about this but am sure someone on here will be able to advise you :)

Hi Suzi, I used the Bob Martin mite treatment on Gypsy about 4 weeks ago now. The other 2 have never been treated. So I will double check that. Thanks again Suzi for your kind offer of help :love:. xxxxxxx

Back