• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just noticed bald patch on alfie?

shel20

Alpha Buck
Just got home and noticed alfie has a bald patch on his ear/head at the base? no blood or anything and i know he never fights with bobby what could it be? size of a 5p? HELP!

The only bald patches mine have experienced were down to mites... don't know if that's a possibility? Any dandruff?

No dadruff, no blood, just like the furs fallen out in a round patch on top of his head, bse of his ear?

is he the domanint one? if not the other could have been chasing or something and latched on he may have been playing but hurt him sumhow:?

Henry had the same and it turned out to be mange. Brought on by the stress of him having a virus. He had a course on injections and it cleared up and now has no bald patches :)

Barlie had this and a lady told me to buy, Ascabiol Emuulsion,its a human treatment for scabies and you can get it on the internet.I put a couple of dabs on her back and it cleared up in next to no time.

My Hera and Ra had a little tiff yesterday - they don't like seeing any of the other rabbits - and Ra pulled out a patch of fur from Hera's bum that left a clean, perfectly round patch that just looked pinker than normal skin.
It could be that yours had a little spat, but strange if it's on his head:? unless he was mounting him and pulled out the fur??

Ditto Lspacehopper...does your other bun groom him?

The ear/head area is a fave grooming spot. Some of mine get overgroomed by their partners and go a bit bald at the base of the ear.

You can usually tell overgrooming because the nearby hair is often wet or laying in the wrong direction from being licked.

thanks for all ur posts!! well i decided to get some mite drops just incase as it seemed to be spreading..iv done both bobby n alfie and hopefully it will clear up soon!!!:D

Back