• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica -Update 12th September-1620hrs-Home

Thank you everyone

Jessica is still not taking much weight on her injured leg, but she is slightly better than yesterday. C will be coming over on a social visit today and I have asked her if she would mind taking a look at Jessica's ear. I don't like to take it for granted that having a Vet as a friend means home visits are freely available.
I'm sure that C is happy to help you, Jane. You are lucky to have such a good relationship with your vet, and that she is so well versed in what goes on with your bunny family. :)

I am so sorry to hear that Jessica is poorly. I have no comment on the leg, I don't know much about bunny legs, but the ear thing really rang a bell with me. Do bunnies get mast cell tumors? My darling Shadow (bridge doggy) had these fleshy masses in his ear pinnas, they looked terrible but his were considered benign and were removed by his vet.
They were crumbly looking and bloody, a horrible sight really and he had more then a few but the one in the ear was the nastiest. They release histamines into the body if they are squeezed. The procedure to remove them was a simple one though, but since they had to look everywhere on his body for them, they shaved him completely bald! He looked less like a large husky and more like a Great Dane.

Sending all possible healing vibes for Jessica and hugs for you. xxxx

just wondering how is Jessica now?

Her leg is quite a bit better now :)

C said that the mass is just a polyp and that she must have caught it with a nail and made it bleed. As it is painless C does not want to GA her just to remove it. If she needs another Dental or if the polyp starts causing problems then she will have it removed. For now we are just monitoring it.

Glad Jessica's leg is doing better and her ear had nothing serious going on. Just a bit over zealous with the grooming.

May I also ask how everybun else is doing? Morse looked well in his last pictures, but what about Lady Lydia and Miss BunnyPenny?

I also must say after writing that sentence that I love your family's names! :D

Glad Jessica's leg is doing better and her ear had nothing serious going on. Just a bit over zealous with the grooming.

May I also ask how everybun else is doing? Morse looked well in his last pictures, but what about Lady Lydia and Miss BunnyPenny?

I also must say after writing that sentence that I love your family's names! :D

Morse is doing quite well at the moment. He is still having a rather spectacular moult !!

Lady Lydia is coping OK and her symptoms have not yet worsened. Her hocks are less sore now too.

Miss Bunny Penny continues to eat really well and she manages to potter about her enclosure with her friend Flynn. She does sleep a lot of the time, but all in all she is a contented old lady :love:

Thank you for asking about them :)

Morse is doing quite well at the moment. He is still having a rather spectacular moult !!

Lady Lydia is coping OK and her symptoms have not yet worsened. Her hocks are less sore now too.

Miss Bunny Penny continues to eat really well and she manages to potter about her enclosure with her friend Flynn. She does sleep a lot of the time, but all in all she is a contented old lady :love:

Thank you for asking about them :)

Good to hear they're all getting on alright, they cope better than I do when I'm ill! Also I think one year you should do a day by day shot of Morsey's fur from the same angle :lol: a little moulting flip book! Hoping Lydia's hocks continue to improve and she stays stable. And in Miss Bunny Penny's fluffy slippers I'm sure I'd be the same, it's good she is still enthusiastic about her dinner!

I can only hope if any of my buns get sick or when they're old, I can provide for them the way you do your family.

Yesterday Jessica started to show her typical 'needing a Dental' behaviour- scrabbling at and getting cross with hay but hardly eating any. Her poos were smaller too. So today she has been admitted for a Dental and she will have the polyp removed from her ear :cry: She is an older lady now, almost 9, so I really hope this does not take too much out of her. At least she is in the expert care of WendyVet xx

Fingers crossed for Jessica, along with plenty of vibes. Hopefully she'll come home looking at you as if to ask what all the fuss was about xxx

Thank you

C just phoned. Jessica has come through the GA well. Despite not being able to see any significant spurs when she was awake, once anaethetised and her cheeks retracted there were large spurs on her back lower molars. Just goes to show how much can be missed on an oral examination of a conscious Rabbit.

C also removed the polyp, but she said it may grow back. Then she also found that Jessica has a load of pus in both ear canals, although she has shown no signs of having an ear infection at all. So she will be on treatment for the infection for at least a week, probably longer.

I can collect her in a couple of hours time xx

Back