• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jenson isn't eating - help, advice before I panic U/D p3 He's back home.

Hello
Thank you all for the vibes, they must have helped, just need to make sure he stays better and I can give him the meds!

They've sent me home with Fibreplex 2mls three times a day and Metoclopramide 1ml twice a day. Then he has to go back for a check on Friday.

Any tips for giving him the meds would really help (me at least because I don't want to be stressed in giving it to him).

So, last night, I phoned them last night he had taken the syringe feeding and meds, his temp was low so they had given him a snugglesafe. This morning he had eaten himself and pooped. They rang me later to say they had tried to check his teeth but he was having none of it so they checked again later.

This afternoon I called again and he was still eatting well and pooping and they had checked his teeth and all is well.

No real idea of cause, maybe furballs (but no stringy poop before, in fact he was fine yesterday morning). He didn't eat at first when I got him home but he's now had a few pellets and munched some hay and done some poops (small, dark and stinky but at least he's going). I've also put a towel in for him instead so I'll keep an eye on him.

Bless, I've missed him so much, I had a very fitful night and struggled today at work. I'm that soft that I've been able to take tomorrow off work so I can keep an eye on him.
Jensonhomefromvet.jpg

When people said that you'll know if something is wrong, I worried I wouldn't but I knew the second I got home yesterday he wasn't right.

My heart goes out to everyone having a tough time at the moment, may you have all the strength to get through.

Back