• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ive bought an amazing huge litter tray!!

Looks like a fab litter tray :D I want one! I wonder if Hay Experts could be persuaded to stock them?

I don't buy from anywhere that sells animals on principle, as all profit to animal-selling establishments supports breeding, so I wouldn't want to buy from a breeder's online shop either.

That looks brilliant. I was looking everywhere for a large corner tray last week for the buns too (Alfie needs something with a low front because of his leg and all the other corner ones aren't big enough for them to both sit in). I ended up going with one of the cardboard fruit boxes instead, with the front cut down low and well lined with newspaper.

weigh mine...with or without bertie and his litter..he even naps in it!!:lol:

ok i confess to also buying a bag of canadian timothy hay in a drawstring mesh bag for £10..berties loving it.

ok shes a breeder and i ddint realise but yes the moeny goes back into her breeding...BUT how much difference is that than buying from a petshop that sells livestock as so many do? or a farm where the animals are fgarmed and eaten?
im not defending the breeder..im just saying.

and to be honest im sooo chuffed with the tray..and it weighs a FAIR OLD BIT.
berties loving it and all i have in it is a thin layer of bio catolet which he has scufed to the back corner where he wees and the outer corners are..one with dust free hay company soft hay hanging down..and a heap of timmy hay in the other.

im selfish i guess but then i buy stuff for my pets thats best for them.

BUT maybe we could all petition the hay experts or bunny bazaar5 to stock and sell these trays.

i checked using an estimate of the weight compared to bertie..and the postage comes to between 7.06p to £8 something...standrard delivery which you can get free cert of posting anyway.

still save cash but then an ru member is going to be very busy;)

The site IS dodgy!! Much better instore tbh! Its like a big warehouse type thing! I only go for the dog toys really but noticed that litter tray last time i was there ;) Its absolutely massive! I was worried the dog would be getting in it instead of the rabbit :lol: xXx

Ive no idea?! If purplebumble could weigh hers for you we could look on royal mail online to see how much they'd be to post ;)

Ok cool:)

hopefully the price of the trays on dee millens site may be coming down.

I dont mind where i buy it from but it would be nice to know if these are an end of range or a regular thing....they would be great for a multi kitty household too..hooded trays are a curse as my two sit in the doorway and pee and poop leaving the bqack untouched!!

its a puppy tray apaprently..so i guess theres a thought.

if everyone could stock them itd be great....

i hate finding one site selling great trays..rember bunny basics and the ferplast trio litter trays? they were great but bertie learnt to pee over the edge by going across the tray! but multi buns its great..saldy tyhe site went as did the trays.
i used to buy the canadian timmy hay there too..now i can get it via dee millen...yay.

If the sides of the Wilkinsons strorage tubs are too high you could use a small saw (hack-saw?) to cut an entrance and smooth off with a file or sandpaper :wave:

If the sides of the Wilkinsons strorage tubs are too high you could use a small saw (hack-saw?) to cut an entrance and smooth off with a file or sandpaper :wave:

It's quite hard to do that without splitting the plastic, I did it with a large tray for my two, its also quite hard to cut across (to get the bottom of the gap) :(

It's quite hard to do that without splitting the plastic, I did it with a large tray for my two, its also quite hard to cut across (to get the bottom of the gap) :(

If you tape the areas you are cutting, both sides, it is less likely to split.

If you cut a "scoop" or a curve you won't have the right angle problem. Or you could use a tank cutter to cut a circle out at the bottom "corners" of the "scoop" and then cut away from them with the saw (junior hack saw I think it is we used) - we used a tank cutter no problem to make a hole in one to extend a hamster cage.

What I do is set my husband the challenge and leave him to figure it out - he doesn't like to dissappoint me :lol:

If you tape the areas you are cutting, both sides, it is less likely to split.

If you cut a "scoop" or a curve you won't have the right angle problem. Or you could use a tank cutter to cut a circle out at the bottom "corners" of the "scoop" and then cut away from them with the saw (junior hack saw I think it is we used) - we used a tank cutter no problem to make a hole in one to extend a hamster cage.

What I do is set my husband the challenge and leave him to figure it out - he doesn't like to dissappoint me :lol:

I'd definitely be better doing it myself :lol: I gave in and bought a smaller tray that needs emptying everyday, how much do two medium sized buns poop :lol:

I'd definitely be better doing it myself :lol: I gave in and bought a smaller tray that needs emptying everyday, how much do two medium sized buns poop :lol:

:lol: Too much!!

Luckily my husband is a good DIY'er but sadly he doesn't have much time these days.

me...epileptic blackouts..a saw...not a good idea:shock::lol::lol:

what about a HOT WIRE CUTTER? i still wouldnt be safe but for anyone else?

Back