• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there any reason....UPDATE help

I've seen others on here use them and I've just bought something similar today (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FIOHBLE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I don't actually know how safe they are... If they're not eating them I'm sure they're perfectly safe, they probably wouldn't be good for them if they ate them, but the same is for carpet, sofas and other furniture and rabbits have a habit of eating those anyway :roll: You won't know if they'll eat them until you have them though... I'm risking it. I doubt they're actually poisonous though since they are used as kid's play mats!

Thanks funny bunny :wave:
That is my main concern.... Chewing :shock: I'm so worried but they need something, so I guess I'll risk it too :? Good luck with yours :wave:

Thanks funny bunny :wave:
That is my main concern.... Chewing :shock: I'm so worried but they need something, so I guess I'll risk it too :? Good luck with yours :wave:

Thanks :D mine is for carpet protection! They chew the carpet to pieces, but they don't actually eat it (they spit it out!) so I'm hoping if they decide to chew the mats they will do the same thing!

I've ordered some of these today too! I'm not sure I've found the colours I want really though, but I hadn't noticed the wood effect ones and they look nice! Please upload some pics when yours arrive!

I've ordered some of these today too! I'm not sure I've found the colours I want really though, but I hadn't noticed the wood effect ones and they look nice! Please upload some pics when yours arrive!

Re colours, I know what you mean! I was going to go for the light blue but then felt it was a bit bright so went for boring grey :cry:

I'm so worried one of them is going to eat some at night or something........but I want my rabbits to have nice flooring for their footsies, I'll just have to make sure all edges are covered with toys, branches, climbing stuff etc :shock:

I put a sheet over mine. They've still eaten the sheet but at least they haven't eaten the foam :roll:

I have the multi coloured ones in my outside aviary, i have them covered with duvet covers in the winter but left them uncovered all summer and they didn't nibble on any of them, even the bits i had to cut and bodge to make them fit ;) xxx

My wood effect ones have just arrived and they look lovely!! Really nice effect! I'll give my camera a charge and upload some later :D really happy with them! Weren't due for delivery until between tomorrow and next monday so I got a bit of a shock when the delivery man knocked!

What did they smell of? I didn't notice a smell on mine :? I'd imagine any smells should go, or at least reduce, but I'm not sure :?

It's hard to explain........like a glue type smell I guess that's the closet thing to it I can explain :cry: did yours not smell then?

It's hard to explain........like a glue type smell I guess that's the closet thing to it I can explain :cry: did yours not smell then?

No, no smell (just got on the floor to check!). If it's a glue-like smell it sounds like it's from the material used, so hopefully it will go like all "new" smells go on things. Is it a really strong? I hope it doesn't take too long to go!

On another note... my two have chewed the corner on one tile already :roll: but have spat it all back out! So that's good that they at least don't like the taste, even if they're still willing to attempt destroying them!

i just got a wicker trunk recently that i posted smelled of glue! i let it air out for a day and the smell went, so maybe try that :wave:

No, no smell (just got on the floor to check!). If it's a glue-like smell it sounds like it's from the material used, so hopefully it will go like all "new" smells go on things. Is it a really strong? I hope it doesn't take too long to go!

On another note... my two have chewed the corner on one tile already :roll: but have spat it all back out! So that's good that they at least don't like the taste, even if they're still willing to attempt destroying them!

That's a good sign they spat it out:thumb: have you got a link for your flooring please:wave: as willow is indoors I might have to get some different stuff for him.......the girls are outside so there's a bit more
Ventilation

i just got a wicker trunk recently that i posted smelled of glue! i let it air out for a day and the smell went, so maybe try that :wave:

Thank you :wave: fingers crossed :thumb:

Mine smelled too. I just left them out for a couple of days and they're ok now.
I'm not sure OH will go for the colours though, so we may end up with the wood effect ones too.

Looking forward to pics!

Mine smelled too. I just left them out for a couple of days and they're ok now.
I'm not sure OH will go for the colours though, so we may end up with the wood effect ones too.

Looking forward to pics!

Thank you :wave:I really wanted to give bunnies a deep clean and sort out tomorrow so I could out flooring in but I guess I'll have to wait :oops: I've got black ones (although I ordered grey! )

Back