• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Ursula

anaqi

Warren Scout
Hi!

I'd like to introduce my new bunny, Ursula. She's about 8 months old, we adopted her from Pets at Home where she'd been since she was 8 weeks old.

She is incredibly shy and not used to people so it's difficult getting a picture of her where she doesn't look terrified. She is settling in well and has now been vaccinated and spayed. She is living in temporary accommodation at the moment in an XL dog crate in the conservatory until we bond her with my other rabbit, Edward.

ursula01 by Clair Coult, on Flickr

ursula02 by Clair Coult, on Flickr

Oh bless her, she does look to be very unsure of herself at the moment. I am sure that you will work with her to build up her confidence now that she is in a home environment xx

We're already making progress. When she arrived she just sat cowering in the back of a cardboard box and she jumped at every little noise. After a week I got her to take a fresh dandelion leaf from my hand and now she will come to me to take food from me, but only if it's one of her favourites (dandelion, carrot or broccoli).

She runs and hides when I go in the room, probably because she associates me with all the nasty things, like putting her in the pet carrier to go to the vets, checking her spay wound and giving her metacam, but she's getting braver when I'm around. I've been sitting with the crate door open and letting her come up to me if she wants to. She's sniffed my hand a couple of times but she still jump if I move or try and touch her. She's much better with my youngest son, but I call him a rabbit whisperer. All rabbits love him!

I really hope she gets on with Edward. I did let them meet when we first got her but Edward pulled all of her whiskers out! I'm going to give her a few weeks to get over her spay and settle in properly before I introduce them again.

I don't understand why she was there for so long! Very happy that she's finally found a new home with you :) She's beautiful :love:

I don't understand why she was in the shop for so long, she's gorgeous! The staff said all the little kids want fluffy lop bunnies so she got overlooked and ended up in the adoption section, until we spotted her and fell in love. Who can resist those big brown eyes?

Back